Slacker Spotlight "World Music" Customized Station

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
dab-albums-dab-s-pic-album-picture95-slacker2.gif

I have also decided to spotlight Doublee's world music station which gives listeners a trip around the world with great music from Japan , New York , and other great musical destinations.

Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I will have to add this one to my Slacker account to check it out. I am going to go do that now. Sounds very interesting!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I listened to DoublEE World Music Station for 3 or 4 hours today. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I have never been one for world music as least so I thought. I really enjoyed the music mix very much. I added it as a favorite station so I could just play it on my iPod Touch Slacker app, but I like it enough that I will add it to my G2 on the next refresh. By the way my fine tune settings were on auto in all categories.

I am beginning to think... Maybe I should have gotten that 8gb Slacker G2. LOL

This is one of those channels that I could listen to for hour as the music is very diverse. Most of the artist I had never heard before. I give it high ratings for listenability!

Good Job DoublEE!

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Fine Tuning settings left on default.

I'm not really digging this channel too much. It's not that it's a bad world music channel, it does what it's supposed to do really well. The problem, at least in my eyes is that it's way too varied with no segue between different types of music. I know it's a custom station and the creator had no control over it, but when you hear tibetan chants one second, Irish jigs the next, and Spanish techno after that, it's really hard to get into. I appreciate for what it is, but it's not my cup of tea.

Basically, I'll like a song, the next song will come on, and i'll be like "What the f*ck?" When you have the ability to fine tune as much as you can with slacker, these all encompassing channels dont really work (and it's also why I think a world music channel would have never woked on sat radio)

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I'll probably give this a listen tonight after class, sounds like it's right in my wheelhouse.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I understand Sankester , everyone has their own taste and for some they man not like it , but for me its like a world shuffle.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
I checked it out for about 2hrs today. A few of my customers asked what i was listening to,i told them and at least 2 of them said the would check slacker out when they got home.