Slacker Spotlight Week 7 "Party Metal Radio" (Slacker)

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Slacker Spotlight Week 7 "Party Metal Radio " ( Slacker) Party Metal on Slacker Radio is a groupie's wet dream. If you owned anything spandex, a Trans Am and 5 different brands of hairspray, then Party Metal is your backstage pass to the glam side of the '80s rock scene. The era lives on with bands like Poison, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest. So, throw up your devil horns and let's party! Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
This should make for an interesting comparison with Hair Nation, for those of us that are participating in both Walk the Dog and Slacker Spotlight.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Definetly and the times I have listened to it , it is pretty good with the exception of some newer stuff placed in but hey it makes it old Boneyardish.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
It is okay, but certainly not something I could endure very often! LOL :)

Then I am not really into Metal!

This one not only won't make it to my G2, but it has been deleted from my favorites cause I never want to listen to it again! hehehe

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
It is okay, but certainly not something I could endure very often! LOL :)

Then I am not really into Metal!

This one not only won't make it to my G2, but it has been deleted from my favorites cause I never want to listen to it again! hehehe

I think we found the first station DAB doesn't really like! Hehee.

Anyways, I like this station and it makes me mad at the same time. I give the station a 4 out of 5. It has a very good mix of music and is enjoyable to listen to. IT makes me mad, however because it points out a glowing flaw in Slacker's premade lineup; hair metal. This station is not a hair metal station, it mixes in newer music and some of the harder early metal. It can't be that hard for them to make a true hair metal station, can it?

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
I think we found the first station DAB doesn't really like! Hehee.

Anyways, I like this station and it makes me mad at the same time. I give the station a 4 out of 5. It has a very good mix of music and is enjoyable to listen to. IT makes me mad, however because it points out a glowing flaw in Slacker's premade lineup; hair metal. This station is not a hair metal station, it mixes in newer music and some of the harder early metal. It can't be that hard for them to make a true hair metal station, can it?
What's hair metal and what's not hair metal is too fine of a line. Of course, I hate the term "hair metal." It's all rock and roll man. NOBODY who listened to this music back in the day called it "hair metal." It's a revisionist history term that used to be a derogatory term to refer to those bands and somehow became an acceptable term.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I kind of feel like its their version of the boneyard because they throw in the newer stuff from these bands that they have released. This is alot better then hair nation.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
What's hair metal and what's not hair metal is too fine of a line. Of course, I hate the term "hair metal." It's all rock and roll man. NOBODY who listened to this music back in the day called it "hair metal." It's a revisionist history term that used to be a derogatory term to refer to those bands and somehow became an acceptable term.

Nevertheless, it has somehow become an accepted term, as when you say it people tend to know what you're talking about. Just to make a point, they play Buckcherry on this station. While I Don't hate Buckcherry (I actually like their music) they are not hair metal.

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
Nevertheless, it has somehow become an accepted term, as when you say it people tend to know what you're talking about. Just to make a point, they play Buckcherry on this station. While I Don't hate Buckcherry (I actually like their music) they are not hair metal.

Buckcherry is close enough. Ever heard "Lit Up"? It's the exact same riff as Kiss' "Shock Me." They are very Sunset Strip influenced, and I don't see how people can't see that, because I heard this argument before, that they didn't belong on the Boneyard.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Buckcherry is close enough. Ever heard "Lit Up"? It's the exact same riff as Kiss' "Shock Me." They are very Sunset Strip influenced, and I don't see how people can't see that, because I heard this argument before, that they didn't belong on the Boneyard.

I'm not that narrow minded. I totally believe that they should have been on the Boneyard (I don't recall boneyard ever being marketed as a glam/hair station). But they're something that wouldn't show up on, say, Hair Nation (Which is one of the few things that they did right in the merger, leaving those two channels separate). Just like I'm saying that this isn't a bad channel. It has a great mix of music, and I really enjoy it when I listen to it. It's all about the mood though, sometimes I'm just in the mood for something poppier, older, glammier, etc. I totally get that I could make my own, and I have to an extent, but a professionally tuned station is a refreshing change.

I guess my point is when you're an internet radio provider that has the ability to put up as many channels as you want, and aren't constrained by bandwidth as the satellite radio company(ies) is/are you should be offering as many different genre channels as possible for the people who don't feel like having to make their own channels.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Buckcherry is like this generation's Motley Crue. They fit in quite well to a format like this. And I'm okay with the channel, not big on it. 3 out of 5 stars, not that big a metal head, I've got some prog metal in my collection, but not a lot.