Slacker Spotlight Week 6 " Sat Radio Rules's Southern Rock" (Custom)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Just actually noticed this channel a few days ago and added it to my favorites to check it out. Looking forward to listening to this one. More to come on this one later!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I made this station one of my favorites after Sat Radio Rules posted the link to it.
It's a very good channel. I think I added Wet Willie and Blackfoot.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
I can't get this one to come up. Whenever I try it says "Station definition was not found for station (undefined)". I might have to sit this one out this week, which is a shame cuz i was kinda looking forward to it :(

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
You know I guess I need to read more as I thought this was the Southern Rock channel that Slacker offers. But apparently this was a custom station that someone created.

We've got to do a better job of making note on which ones of these channels are custom vs programmed by Slacker.

My comments above were in regards to the Slacker's programmed version of Southern Rock.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I apoligize for not noting that , I thought I would of had this identified well with someones name and their station but I think I need to tag it custom.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Fine Tuning settings left to their defaults

I really like this station. Although, that's probably because I like Southern Rock. I also like Slacker's Southern Rock Station. I'm not quite sure of the difference? Someone enlighten me, otherwise this just seems like a clone that's not really necessary?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
The difference appears to be that Sat Radio Rules version is strictly artists from the South. Slacker's version has way more artists, including Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, and Foghat, who are certainly not from the deep south, but had some Southern Rock sounding music at times. :)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
The difference appears to be that Sat Radio Rules version is strictly artists from the South. Slacker's version has way more artists, including Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, and Foghat, who are certainly not from the deep south, but had some Southern Rock sounding music at times. :)

I agree I think that is a good way to surmise the difference. I have been listening to the Slacker version since I've had the service and I have always enjoyed it. I do like the Sat Radio Rules version and found a few golden nuggets while listening.