Slacker Spotlight Week 3 "Classic Non Vocal Jazz"

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I actually listened to about an hour today. Awesome station. Definite 5 stars and in the favorites.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well I hate to cut against the grain, but this channel is just not my cup of tea. I remember adding it to my G2 awhile back and for lack of a better way to put it, it got on my nerves big time. I tried listening last night via my iPod Touch so I wouldn't have to load it on my G2 and after about 45 minutes I had to shut it down.

Since I just apparently don't tolerate this music very well I am not going to vote again it as it clearly seems like it is pretty well programmed, just not for me.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Well I hate to cut against the grain, but this channel is just not my cup of tea. I remember adding it to my G2 awhile back and for lack of a better way to put it, it got on my nerves big time. I tried listening last night via my iPod Touch so I wouldn't have to load it on my G2 and after about 45 minutes I had to shut it down.

Since I just apparently don't tolerate this music very well I am not going to vote again it as it clearly seems like it is pretty well programmed, just not for me.

I used to be that way, I think it was mainly because my local terrestrial radio station playing 'the same' songs over and over, this doesn't really do that. And if there is a particular song I don't like or an artist that doesn't fit, then I ban.

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Fine Tuning settings left on their defaults

I put this on my G2 yesterday and i've been listening off and on on my ride to work and around the house. This a GREAT background music channel, and it's REALLY good to put on while you're trying to go to sleep. That said, I'm not a huge fan of instrumental music for foreground listening, so I can't say I 100% enjoyed it. I give it a 3.5/5. Definitely going to add it to my favorites online, but I don't thinki t's going to stay on the portable.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV

Hey we all have our music likes and dislikes so no problem here.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well I tried this one again today it was a little better, but still just not my cup of tea. I didn't want to pass final judgment on it without listening to it a little more. There are some songs I really like and I've always though I liked Jazz, but many not! LOL

I was eating out this past week and they were playing Real Jazz from XM and I felt exactly the same about that station as I did the Smooth Jazz on Slacker. I think that I finally actually found music that I don't care for that much!