Slacker Spotlight "Movie Music & Scores Station"

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
dab-albums-dab-s-pic-album-picture95-slacker2.gif

For this week I have decided to spotlight Movie Music Scores Radio which gives you adventure suspense and great cinemagic pieces from John Williams , Danny Elfman and others
http://www.slacker.com/?sid=stations/1347444/733

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I've already got this one on my G2, so I'll check it out. I've been listening on and off, but will give my view on it in a day or two.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I think you remeber saying DAB that it doesnt sound like Cinemagic , but for me it is a good substitue since I lost Cinemagic.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think you remeber saying DAB that it doesnt sound like Cinemagic , but for me it is a good substitue since I lost Cinemagic.

Well it just doesn't include the dialog. One thing I have found is that it isn't nearly as repetitive as Cinemagic. Those that just fell in love with Cinemagic really never had it long enough to realize that. After several days of listening you'll realize that they just play the same movie tracks and dialog over and over. The channel at times seems very neglected.

Anyway... I'll have some more specific thoughts about this channel. The good thing about Slacker is that you can fine tune it too and I think when reviewing the channel it would be good to include your fine tune settings.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
While it doesn't have the movie blocks, Reel Time or Dave Z, it does have video game scores, and it does play some of the more familiar scores. While it may not have the library of Cinemagic, it is a good listen. Although I don't know what The Penguin Cafe Orchestra is doing on there... :scratch:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Since I only had access to Cinemagic for a couple of days, this channel will suffice for me. Not only have I not known many songs so far, they are also featuring a lot of movies I never heard of before. Good stuff, I'll also give it 4 stars.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Movie Music and Scores, I think this gives it a wide open avenue of music. I've heard songs from movies, scores and even some hits that came from move music and scores. I have the fine tuning set for auto in all categories. This has become one of my favorite professionally programmed channels on Slacker Radio. Yes, I do sort of miss the movie dialog from Cinemagic, but what I like about the Slacker version is that it can be as wide open or as closed as I want that playlist to be. I can select currents or just classic or older movies. I have heard a lot of movie scores I've never ever heard on Cinemagic. Also if you listen alot you'll grow a pretty good size playlist where you can listen for many, many hours without hearing repeats. For me, I find this to be a very relaxing and enjoyable Station. It is in my top 5 station list on my G2.

The listenability on this channel is very high and thus far the mix has been great. I give it 5 stars.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
This is a channel I thought should begin the spotlight because of the decision to remove Cinemagic on Sirius , and even though it cant replace it, This channel is a good subsitute because of the variety , and no repeats unlike FM and Sirius Xm.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I liked playing this channel on my new Slacker dock where the sound was very exciting and crisp. Other than the association with movies, the music was mostly instrumental. So if you're looking for something instrumental with more umph than traditional classical, this is the station for you.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Just turned it on, I'll post a review later. But nothing like the Magnificent Seven theme song to get things off to a roaring start. :cool:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I listened to about an hour last night and it was great. Some of my favorite flicks, the magnificent seven, dances with wolves, star wars. Good stuff, definitely a favorite now.