Slacker Software Player/Jukebox versus Web Based Player

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
What does everyone use when listening? Web Player? Or, the Slacker Software Jukebox via download and install? I personally see no reason to us the downloaded software...the web player works exactly the same. Any thoughts?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Support doesn't really recommend you use the Software Player. They recommend the web player and in fact have said they will no longer support the Software playing going forward.

I do have an issue with the web player not showing the stations and I have to refresh it to get them to show sometimes. But I think this maybe a Vista issue, though in all fairness I've not tried it on XP to see if it does it or not.

KHill

Oct 15, 2008
Akron, Ohio
I do have an issue with the web player not showing the stations and I have to refresh it to get them to show sometimes. But I think this maybe a Vista issue, though in all fairness I've not tried it on XP to see if it does it or not.
Same thing on Mac with Firefox and Safari.

mjones73

Jan 8, 2009
North East, MD
I've been using Chrome and Firefox on Vista Premium and haven't seen that issue yet though I only use it about twice a week when I'm working from home.