Slacker on 3G

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I tried Slacker on the 3G network for the first time tonight, for what turned out to be about an hour drive. Held up real well, SQ was great, and there were no hiccups whatsoever. I actually got a call in the middle of the session, and when it disconnected it went right back to playing the song on Slacker. I was monkeying with the EQ settings on the stereo itself to get the right sound, but I just set it to mid-range on Treble and Bass and it sounded good. Very impressed, overall. :ter:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Thanks Jon that is a good report! AT&T is rolling out 3G in my area within the next few months, this as they are also taking over my local regional cell service. Which may actually delay a full roll out as they will have to also go 3G on those towers too to give us complete 3G service.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
I just picked up a Blackberry Curve 8330 from Sprint yesterday. I downloaded the Slacker App, and it works great in the car!

The only weird thing is that if the screen is lit up, it sends a buzzing noise to the speakers in my car. Other than that, the clarity is the same as the G2 I previously owned.

I have been trolling on here since DRC's inception, I just never signed up until now. I was a member of SBS at the very end of its life.

:eek:

Slacker Radio Basic Subscriber since 11/28/2008
Happily listening to Slacker through my Blackberry Curve! :D

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I'm updating my BB pearl software right now just to install the Slacker app. I hope to have it all installed so that I can use it while I mow a bit later today. This is my first time updating the device software so I didn't realize just how long it takes.

SatRadioRules

Oct 21, 2008
I have it on my iphone and it works very well. I play it through my aux input in the car and the sq is amazing....much better than my XM (also aux in).