Slacker now available on Blackberry Storm

Discussion in 'Slacker Radio' started by KTMCDO, Feb 4, 2009.

1. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

source orbitcast

In the same mold of the Slacker Blackberry app, Slacker Radio is now available for the Blackberry Storm.

Optimized for the Storm's touchscreen interface, the Slacker app can be downloaded for free by accessing slacker.com via your Storm.

Storm users get all the same features that other Blackberry users get (like station caching, something that even Slacker iPhone users don't get), but the experience is just updated for the touchscreen.

"The Slacker Mobile application for the BlackBerry Storm offers an engaging and intuitive mobile listening experience that takes full advantage of its unique features," said Dennis Mudd, CEO of Slacker. "With an intuitive touch screen interface as well as station caching, BlackBerry Storm owners can now easily enjoy their favorite music wherever they go."

Check out pics below...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Very Nice!

Slacker seems to be on a roll.

3. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

very good new for slacker
    now they need to get into the car stereo
    market as well the home radio market
    alarm clocks etc

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Indeed the more traction they get in various devices they better for them and the thing about it there is no major investment required on their part as it isn't like sat radio where it requires a chipset etc. If the device is setup for wifi, edge or G3 and you can install the software you are good to go. The only real investment is the Dev team working on the applications.

5. xan_user

xan_user Banned

Looks awesome!

too bad I got a pda a few months back:mad:

Anyone know what the length of BB's exclusivity on allowing a cache is supposed to be?
    Kinda fubared for slacker do discriminate against the other devices/carriers that could easily do it as well.(or better)

6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Nice, but since when is Alanis Moreupset Soft hits?

7. Music_Rube

Music_Rube Member

Definitely looks sharp! I am hoping to get a Blackberry in April when my contract is due up. Not necessarily the Storm, but definitely one that can run Slacker.

I also agree with the previous poster that said it is time for Slacker to venture into the car stereo market. Car docks, Wired FM modulators, etc. The works!