Slacker integrates with Twitter....tonight!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Tonight at 12am ET, Slacker will turn on a new feature integrating Twitter with the personal radio service. An official press announcement will be made in the hours following the integration, Orbitcast has learned. Slacker listeners with Twitter accounts can set preferences to automatically tweet their favorite music from their PCs, Macs, smartphones and everywhere else they listen to Slacker Radio in real time. It will be available on both free Slacker Basic Radio service and Slacker Radio subscription services.

You can select the option to automatically (or manually) tweet station changes, your favorite songs - or, even more interestingly - the songs/artists you have banned.

Manual tweets can be done by just selecting "share station" from the main Now Playing view on the Slacker Web Player. Automatic tweets will work from any Slacker enabled experience - you just need to configure it online first at this page (it's not working yet... wait until 12am ET/9pm PT).

Slacker to integrate with Twitter, tonight - Orbitcast

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I do this all the time with Blip.fm, so this is definitely something I could get into.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
More useless tweets. I unsubscribed to the Sirius XM Twitter channels for the same reason -- I don't really care to know what song they are playing on Twitter.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
More useless tweets. I unsubscribed to the Sirius XM Twitter channels for the same reason -- I don't really care to know what song they are playing on Twitter.

Yeah, I unsubscribed from those in a hurry. I don't have time to read the list of every song playing on the Sirius channels.

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I think this will be the actual users tweeting, where they'll have a 'tweet this song' prompt next to the 'buy in iTunes' button. Or something like that.