Slacker info (dance music)

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
I listen to 90% dance music, and I feel Sirius has gone downhill. I was browsing the slacker website and listening to their dance channels. Sounds like basic Area 38, but I was wondering if there were channels that did MIX shows? That is the only thing I listen to on Area, to me odd transitions between dance songs suck.

thanks for the info

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
I listen to 90% dance music, and I feel Sirius has gone downhill. I was browsing the slacker website and listening to their dance channels. Sounds like basic Area 38, but I was wondering if there were channels that did MIX shows? That is the only thing I listen to on Area, to me odd transitions between dance songs suck.

thanks for the info

No idea but.

Browse user created stations on the Slacker Forum, or the biggest draw to Slacker, make your own channel and make it exactly how you want.

JMII

Nov 21, 2008
Margate, FL USA
I'm a big dance fan too... but sadly Slacker doesn't support mixes. Similar to an iPod in shuffle mode, it plays song A then jumps to song D, it has no idea that song B and C belong in between. However as mentioned above you can customize what's playing on the station to make the channel even more personal, combine that with the heart and ban buttons and it becomes WAY better then Sirius.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
combine that with the heart and ban buttons and it becomes WAY better then Sirius.

thats a dealbreaker for me. doesn't matter if i can heart all the songs i want, i can't listen to dance music when it isn't seemlessly mixed. Thats why i don't like area or the beat UNLESS its a DJ mix.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I would like to see a Boombox type channel in Slacker - remixes, etc. I can't seem to find just remixes, however.

MNXMFan

Oct 24, 2008
I would imagine that music licensing would be complicated in a 60 minute mix. Also, the big selling point to Slacker is the ability to favorite and ban songs. I'm a huge dance music fan, but I very rarely find a mix that I love all the way through.

The nice thing is, however, that you can put MP3's on 1GB of the memory in the G2, and MOST of the shows on area are also available via Podcast.