Slacker Hits Vs Sirius Hits 1

sthmpsn1

Nov 7, 2008
I've been a sub of Sirius for 5 years now, and I am considering a move to Slacker. I love current and new music and I listen to Hits 1 alot. How does Slacker compare in getting new music out on the Hits channel? Does slacker get the new stuff right away like Hits 1 does?

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Here's the thing, while you don't the new stuff as fast, they're still pretty fast, and between Today's Hits and Party Hits, you'll have a pretty good mix. Of course, it's not like Hits 1 plays any of the new stuff very often before they beat the old stuff to death:deadhorse:

And you won't get any annoying DJ's:bigthumbup:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Parker does a really good job with Today's Hits, but one has to look at Today's Hits as more of a Top 40's station as you will get a much deeper rotation of music than you do on Hits 1. While the current hits will get a little more rotation, it won't be to the degree that it is on Sirius either, so the songs don't seem to get overplayed and stale as quickly.

No morning Mess! LOL ;)

Rob28

Feb 23, 2009
I may be in the minority, but I actually like the Morning Mash Up on Hits 1.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I may be in the minority, but I actually like the Morning Mash Up on Hits 1.

My problem with it is that I can get this type of show, and probably better, on any number of local FM stations. Of course, I listen to the Chris Moyles Show, Radio 1's breakfast show, every once in a while, but they have the advantage of the British accent:bigthumbup:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
There is little doubt that many FM morning shows are better than the morning mess on Sirius Hits One and 20 on 20. I can tolerate them and they certainly aren't the worse show on in the mornings by far. Still I'd rather they not be on at all. Then again it really doesn't impact me like it use too as I am generally listening to Slacker these days.