Slacker G2 and mp3s

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Figured I'd make this a new topic incase any new users have this issue.

Issue: You get a warning when transfering mp3s to the G2 saying it is currently not in a format supported by the Slacker G2 and asks if you want to continue or cancel.

From the horses mouth

CharlesB: Happy Holidays!! Thank you for contacting Slacker Live Chat Support. My name is Charles. How may I help you today?

styckx: Hi, I have the Slacker G2 25. I was wondering, what exactly is the mp3 format supported by this thing? I always get a warning when copying files to it that it's not in a format recognized by the G2 (VBR mp3s). Will this ever be fixed? It's kind of silly to me I have to re-encode an mp3 to work right on a mp3 player.

CharlesB: This bitrate can cause issues on the player as it is variable and can fluctuate to much for the player.

styckx: So bit rate isn't the problem, just encoding them in VBR is what causes the issues?

CharlesB: Correct.
So, if you want to avoid possible playback problems or your mp3s not showing up you will have to re-encode them without using VBR.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well for some reason that doesn't surprise me. I just don't see the Slacker as a good MP3 player anyway. But it is too bad that it doesn't support VBR, which I never use.

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Well for some reason that doesn't surprise me. I just don't see the Slacker as a good MP3 player anyway. But it is too bad that it doesn't support VBR, which I never use.
The mp3 part is important for me. Gotta listen to O&A and R&F shows I uhh.. Find in mp3 format on a daily basis.

sphere79

Dec 1, 2008
Most of my MP3's are VBR, that sucks. I'm pretty sure the G1 is OK with VBR, weird that the G2 isn't. How 'bout a resume function on the G2 - is there one? It's kind of hard fast forwarding through 3 hour talk shows.