Slacker forum seems very active !!

Oct 29, 2008
Not sure if it is from CES. Or just many coming on board. I keep noticing decent numbers viewing this forum. More then what is used to be. Obviously sat radio has more forums on this web site, but I think as Slacker having a standalone forum. It has been having a lot of traffic.

Those that are brand new to Slacker welcome aboard. Seems to be a positive place. Not too much bickering here. Seems everyone realizes were all on the same side. I can't say that about some of the other forums.

Slacker on !

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think many will drop sat radio and if they don't, then they will just add Slacker as part of their daily routine as I have done. The combination of both of them works out great for me. I personally don't see myself ever totally canceling my sat radio because it offers so much more than just music that I enjoy.

The Slacker forums are okay, but I hate their forum software. But there are a lot of complainers on that forum, but it is always like that on forums, so that is nothing new.

Oct 29, 2008
Yeah. I mostly meant here at DRC slacker forum. Since this one was created. I never look at the Pandora, AOL forum DRC has anymore. Adding this forum was a smart addition. I'm sure if the numbers really increased here. We would see more complaints, but the smaller group is nice. Pretty positive for the most part. It is nice to see others supporting slacker. Reading.....some of you strike me as very die hard sat radio users. Nice that you can wonder elsewhere.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
I have been using slacker more and more, still use pandora. You can't beat either one as far as music goes! Now if only the could add some un-censored talk programs and advertise the shit out of them!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah. I mostly meant here at DRC slacker forum. Since this one was created. I never look at the Pandora, AOL forum DRC has anymore. Adding this forum was a smart addition. I'm sure if the numbers really increased here. We would see more complaints, but the smaller group is nice. Pretty positive for the most part. It is nice to see others supporting slacker. Reading.....some of you strike me as very die hard sat radio users. Nice that you can wonder elsewhere.

OH I see what you mean!!! Yeah, well when we discussed breaking away from SBS that was one of the things that we discussed was not just making DRC a sat radio forum only. I came up with the name because I wanted to use go with all forms of digital radio, not just satellite. I had grown cynical with Sirius over the years and so Slacker just seemed to come along at the right time. But yeah there are a lot of us die hard sat fans that have embraced Slacker pretty strongly. There are more XM'ers that have than Sirius subscribers though from the look of things.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Without a doubt, the creation of the G2 portable has been a huge hit to allow Slacker to break away from the rest of the pack on this board. It's considered a radio in itself and that's got to be appealing to a radio lover's group.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Without a doubt, the creation of the G2 portable has been a huge hit to allow Slacker to break away from the rest of the pack on this board. It's considered a radio in itself and that's got to be appealing to a radio lover's group.

Yeah the G2 is cool, but you know for me it is just the customized channels. I've created some of the best freaking stations personalized with the music I love. You can give them a twist or leave them pure to the genre. I just love it.

I am a big Southern Gospel fan, I created a great station. But today after a visit by an aunt that turned me on to Bluegrass Gospel. I started adding a touch of Bluegrass to this channel and it totally changed the dynamics of it. What a breath of fresh air to have that ability.

I could go on and on at how I've customized so many of my stations to my liking. I've been really working on my AudioSerenity Spa station and it is coming along really great. So nice to have a station like this for falling asleep at night or just when you want to relax. I've even used it for background music at the office. Though I do have a channel called The Office because it plays nothing, but very mellow pop, rock and R&B ( from classics to currents). SWEET!

lronglien

Nov 10, 2008
Slacker

DAB-

How about sending "The Office" to me to hear?

I still have my SAT RAD stuff going, but not as many. In the car I have a Sirius in-dash unit that is outstanding. I still need my dose of talk and sports radio so that's the best option in the car. Saturday I drove home listening to the Ravens upset the Titans and then the first half of the Cardinals stunner over the Panthers...and baseball season is just ahead...

Isn't technology sweet today??

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yes I love technology... It is a wonderful thing!

Here is the Link for "The Office"

Like I said this is a great blend or shuffle of older mellow rock, pop and R&B. It is a tad heavy on the rock side, but the great thing about it is that you can take it and tweak it even more to your liking by removing artist and/or adding other artist you want.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I had meetings for two days and I sold 2 Slackers to two coworkers, they loved it said that it makes the IPOD that they have obsolete.

GAMER

Oct 27, 2008
I hate to see this but I think satellite radio's days are numbered as management has ran it right into the ground.
That and Slacker rules.