Slacker channel most like The Coffeehouse

maxoct97

Nov 7, 2008
OC, California
Hey everyone!
First post, although I've been reading for a while.

Ok, so I'm an avid SiriusXM fan, and I listen about 8 hours a day- typically to The Coffeehouse. They play acoustic hits, and it's more mellow and appropriate for work. Now since I listen for so long each day, I hear repeats (I'm not the typical Sirius listener, and it's not a thing against Sirius- it's just a fact that if you listen for 8 hours a day, 5-6 days a week you're going to hear repeats!).

I'd like to try out Slacker, and I'm looking for a good station that could supplement my Coffeehouse listening. Any ideas? Thanks!

-Matt

Reactions: Aaron

Fred

Oct 30, 2008
Singer-Songwriter station just launched

It looks like Slacker just launched a station very similar to Coffee House called Singer-Songwriter. It's in the "Alternative" folder at Slacker Personal Radio.

From the description of the station:

Singer-Songwriter on Slacker Radio showcases musicians that combine melody and message with the craft of songwriting. Whether you seek to be inspired by the classics or discover promising new artists, Singer-Songwriter offers the best of both worlds with acts like Snow Patrol, Lucinda Williams, Ryan Adams, Bob Dylan and more.

I've also heard Ray LaMontagne, Ben Folds and Amos Lee. Great stuff.