Sl2

dnasty

Nov 17, 2008
I recently purchased a SL2 as an upgrade for the Stiletto 100. I am having an issue with my recorded songs that I transfer over from my computer through My Sirius Studio. The transfer goes good, but when I play it on the SL2, it comes out really distorted. I called Sirius and they told me to return it to the store and get a replacement. The new one has the same issue. I also have an issue with playback mode skipping, just like a record. Are there any solutions?

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
You could try moving the songs to a micro sd card and put them on sl2 that way-have you downloaded any mp3s seperate fromwhat you have on mss?

dnasty

Nov 17, 2008
You could try moving the songs to a micro sd card and put them on sl2 that way-have you downloaded any mp3s seperate fromwhat you have on mss?

I tried this while the micro sd was in the SL2. I tried putting songs on both and they were all distorted. Does the SL2 convert the mp3s to a different format? I can copy them directly on the micro sd and try that.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
try putting them on the card directly first then put in sl2-other than that im stumped-i dont think it changes formats,but i could be wrong.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I recently purchased a SL2 as an upgrade for the Stiletto 100. I am having an issue with my recorded songs that I transfer over from my computer through My Sirius Studio. The transfer goes good, but when I play it on the SL2, it comes out really distorted. I called Sirius and they told me to return it to the store and get a replacement. The new one has the same issue. I also have an issue with playback mode skipping, just like a record. Are there any solutions?

Make sure you have upgraded to the latest firmware as the skipping playback was an early issue with the SL2.

dnasty

Nov 17, 2008
Make sure you have upgraded to the latest firmware as the skipping playback was an early issue with the SL2.

I believe I do have the latest and greatest. You get that from the my sirius studio, right? Click on check for updates?

I think it's kind of weird that 2 SL2s have the same issues right out of the box.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
define "recorded songs". Are they limewire or rips from CDs? What is the current bit rate? have they been edited and resaved?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I believe I do have the latest and greatest. You get that from the my sirius studio, right? Click on check for updates?

I think it's kind of weird that 2 SL2s have the same issues right out of the box.

You should go to the SL2 Settings/Device/Device Info. You should see:

ZAP: 2.0.4.64538r and 4 other numbers.

If you did not do an upgrade out of the box, you are not updated. If MSS does not identify the update, do a device recovery to get it.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Make sure you don't have the SRS Bass and SRS True Focus turned on or maxed, because this will cause terrible distortion. You get to this via Audio/Settings

dnasty

Nov 17, 2008
Thanks! I'll check this out when I get home.

The songs I have recorded are ripped from a cd. Not sure about the settings. I upgraded both of them out of the box. It said the updates would finish when it receives a signal. What is MSS?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Thanks! I'll check this out when I get home.

The songs I have recorded are ripped from a cd. Not sure about the settings. I upgraded both of them out of the box. It said the updates would finish when it receives a signal. What is MSS?

My Sirius Studio.

dnasty

Nov 17, 2008
You should go to the SL2 Settings/Device/Device Info. You should see:

ZAP: 2.0.4.64538r and 4 other numbers.

If you did not do an upgrade out of the box, you are not updated. If MSS does not identify the update, do a device recovery to get it.

I checked it out and that is the zap number I have. I talked to customer service again and they told me there is a patch for my computer they are going to send over. I guess it is a common problem and happened after their last firmware push. I'm on hold now...:eek:

dnasty

Nov 17, 2008
After talking to customer service, they told me I received 2 defective units and to exchange it for another one. I exchanged it for another one and it works fine. I ran into the same issue with the Stiletto 100. I went through around 12 different units, each with a different problem. I hope it isn't the same with the SL2. Thanks for your input!