SL2 won't turn on

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Hopefully this a temporary thing.

I had the SL2 on today. I turned it off. I went to turn it back on, and it wouldn't turn on.

Thinking the battery was dead (a slim chance of that happening), I plugged it into the wall charger. The blue light came on.

A few hours later, I tried to turn it back on. No dice.

I'm forbidden to take it into work, so I keep it in the car. In cold temperatures, obviously. However, it had no such power problem to this date.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Heh.

It magically fixed itself. I held down the power button for what seemed like five seconds too long, and voila! Power! :)

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I'm forbidden to take it into work, so I keep it in the car. In cold temperatures, obviously. However, it had no such power problem to this date.

How cold? Here we've been subzero, and my SL2 gets a little wonky, like sluggish screens, when I leave it plugged into the truck. I don't think they hold up to extreme temps very well.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
where do you work, the iPod factory?

Ha!

Various contracts that were written by people more important than I forbid the use of radios, iPods, etc while on the job. I -think- that extends to taking them in, as I never see anyone with one. I don't really want to find out, either.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
How cold? Here we've been subzero, and my SL2 gets a little wonky, like sluggish screens, when I leave it plugged into the truck. I don't think they hold up to extreme temps very well.

It's been close to 0, but closer to 30 or 40 within the past day or so. No problems with it today.

Yeah, it probably does need a device recovery, but I don't want to lose my saved programming. I've lost too much saved stuff.

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Ha!

Various contracts that were written by people more important than I forbid the use of radios, iPods, etc while on the job. I -think- that extends to taking them in, as I never see anyone with one. I don't really want to find out, either.

Do you work for the CIA?