SL2 Wifi 80's Channel

tbone

Oct 23, 2008
New owner here. When I try the 80's channel I get 'http error'. As far as I can tell the other channels work. Has anyone else had this problem?

tbone

Oct 23, 2008
Thank you for the link. I originally updated via Wifi, but I don't think I have got the full update. I must of not left it connected to Wifi long enough. I do like it saying 'Backspin" unlike my other radio. Also this morning the radio seemed to forget that I am a subscriber

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Thank you for the link. I originally updated via Wifi, but I don't think I have got the full update. I must of not left it connected to Wifi long enough. I do like it saying 'Backspin" unlike my other radio. Also this morning the radio seemed to forget that I am a subscriber

Yes. In Internet Radio mode, Backspin appears 100% correct.

Maybe i'm looking in the wrong spot, but I can't find Cinemagic or whatever it's called now online.

ravens#1

Sep 20, 2009
I have a new SL-2 and the 2.03 version ... Was just reading this thread and decided to try the wi-fi... I live in an apartment with multiple connectiing availability... So just jumped right on the internet... It blinks the time and internet on an off... I guess its updating:confused: will see... Nothing is saying its downloading a newer version though... I ll just let it go for hour or so and shut off and turn back on... Then check the device area ...

Hey something is happening... I get this buffering thing where the music stops while it buffers then plays again... who knows???

ravens#1

Sep 20, 2009
What is the latest version???

My radio never updated while listening on the wi-fi for a good 2 hours.... Turned radio on and off... Nothing...

I am running 2.0.356051r...

Is that the latest update???

I thought I was seeing 2.0.5 ???

tbone

Oct 23, 2008
What is the latest version???

My radio never updated while listening on the wi-fi for a good 2 hours.... Turned radio on and off... Nothing...

I am running 2.0.356051r...

Is that the latest update???

I thought I was seeing 2.0.5 ???

Yes the latest is ZAP is 2.0.5 my sl2 is using that now. When you shut down your radio did you do a full shutdown? You might have to connect your radio to your computer and update it that way.

ravens#1

Sep 20, 2009
Okay here is the deal-

I decided to plug my SL-2 into the computer while I had a connection online...

Something updated???

But it wasnt the update to 2.0.5...

Then I decided to go back onto the wi-fi connection and went to service info, well it was downloading, then it went to unpacking, and then installing...

Now the screen just popped up saying Update Complete as described so I suspect I will now have this newer update...

I think something activated internally in the SL-2 with this breif little update when I plugged in online to my laptop that is on dial up(not wi-fi) ???

Last night I was on a wi-fi connection for a good 2 hrs and nothing was going on...

Good ol electronic stuff... Never all the right steps and always some funky glitch...

But I think I figured it out:confused::eek:... For now...

Yep ... Got the 2.0.5 but the baseband is still just 14??? Didnt I see 20 somewhere???

Now I went off the internet(wi-fi) to get on satelite and its locked up in some kind of updating mode... Still waiting???

After 5mins stopped now stating it is updating channels...Crap I lost all my channels!!!! Geez!!!

Okay I was unsubscribed... Then it told me to reactivate subscription and while scrolling through the activation screens toward the end I sat for a moment still on Satelite was getting ready to call, something kicked in saying I was updated and subscribed... Then all the channels got re initiated... I turned it back off and now on again and I now have the .20 baseband in the device info...

aaahhhhh...finally I m good with the latest software...

Wanted to give anyone else the rundown of the tribulations since it looked like a few were inquiring...

I had no clue other than the few bits and pieces of posts on this site...

Thanks for the input from fellow members...

Last edited: