SL2 Startup

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
I recently bought a very cheap (no guarantee it was working) SL2 on eBay. Well, it works just fine with one oddity.

When I start it up, it goes to Acquiring Signal for several seconds before it "finds" reception. I don't recall my first, full price SL2 doing this.

Is this common for the rest of you?

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
I recently bought a very cheap (no guarantee it was working) SL2 on eBay. Well, it works just fine with one oddity.

When I start it up, it goes to Acquiring Signal for several seconds before it "finds" reception. I don't recall my first, full price SL2 doing this.

Mine doesn't do that. If I were you, I would check the antenna, first.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Mine does it sometimes, but not always. Usually in the car dock. I havn't been able to pinpoint a trigger for it. (I'm not switching from MP3's or WiFi before I put it in the car dock) It's random and I think it's usually from sat signal to sat signal. Often it fires up like a champ in the car. . . . :idunno:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

Mine starts out one one bar for about 10 seconds and I occassionally get dropouts. Then it pops up to 2 bars (unless the sats are completely unreceiveable at that time). I think the unit sometimes takes a few minutes to find the sattelites.