Sl2 Recovery and Vista

Oct 22, 2008
Little Silver, New Jersey
My SL2 will not save recorded programs and has deleted past shows I've recorded.
It will save songs to memory.
I never even intalled the Sirius Studio because others on SBS said that they had better luck just using Media Player and updating via wifi.
So, as I'm about to install the program I see it's compatible with XP. Any ideas?

Oct 22, 2008
Ok, I did the reset and it seems to be working normally. I'll try to avoid the recovery, though I expect I may still have to do one. I did have the unit freeze upon pausing a live show while docked with satellite feed.

I do want to thank you ALL for helping to keep the SL2 running, it's really great to have your advice.

Oct 22, 2008
Well, I went ahead and did the recovery. It went well. I was holding out because I was afraid of Vista compatibility, but no problems.
I HAD to do it, unit was locking up, deleting recordings, ha, I even had this weird thing where the "voice" for the channel was dragging at a lower pitch. "Howwwaaarrrddd One Huuunndred". Sounded like Big Foot, slowed down.
Now I'll go back and review all the tips here to keep SL2 healthy.
Thank you all again.

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
While they might help temporarily, neither a reset and erase nor recovery will solve those weird S2 memory corruption (or lock up while recording) problems. At least they didn't fix those defects in my case.