SL2 problem recording?

dblue351

Dec 2, 2008
This is not the issue that was really bad a few months ago.

First all my songs were erased? No idea what happened there? I do the full shutdown about once a week?

Now it will record a song and show the song in the song list. but when I try to play it it says "Cant play - File is empty"? What the hell!!

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
"Cant play - File is empty"? What the hell!!

I got this exact same, weird message 2 weeks ago about an hour into my daily Stern show recording. My S2 was locked up so solidly, I had to resort to a battery pull to get it back working. Recorded fine from there on, and has been fine since.

dblue351

Dec 2, 2008
Yeah i tried that..

It will display the song recorded and the run time, but gives that Cant play error on all of them. I try to record new songs and the same thing happens. I hate to have to call the tech line. they dont know anything over there!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
You could try a reset+erase or a device recovery. Sounds like corruption.

Have you taken the last firmware update?

UncleScam

Jan 8, 2009
Springfield
Welcome to the stiletto 2. I find that I have to do a reset/erase every two weeks to prevent memory corruption from leaving me with an empty playlist.

g0tr00t

May 20, 2009
Oh my word, I didnt see this post even from a search and posted a duplicate message sorry.

I have had this SAME issue for 10 months now and Sirius is sending me my 3rd S2.

After my year warranty is up, I am afraid I am going to have to cancel my subscription. I had the original SL100 and it never did this. It froze up on me and Sirius said "Out of warranty means you need a new radio." So I bought the SL2. So far I am in my 2rd year with Sirius and over $1000.00 invested. I figured if they cant fix this, I am done with them.

really frustrating!