SL2 not connecting to wifi at work anymore...

JoeProcopio

Feb 17, 2009
it doesn't even see the network...i had it connected at home, and it was working...went back to work...tries to search....nothing...sees other networks in the building, but not the one it used to...what's up with that? this happened after I had to do a reset...it stopped recording...wouldn't even record a 5 minute piece...

we have 3 wireless networks here, sees none of them...is it an encryption thing? did Sirius change something in one of their latest updates?

any ideas?

what is with this i see about 90 minute inactivity shutoff? how can you record a 4 hour show then?

JoeProcopio

Feb 17, 2009
sorry about another post about this...should have searched...i did a reset and erase...started it back up...still no work wifi...i'll check my IT department to see if they changed anything...

gonna check the recording thing now...last couple recordings i had no data message, then it only recorded for 6 minutes when I scheduled 4 hours...

and again, another one that had flawless reception/functionality for 6 months or so when i got it...sounds like the last update f'd this all up...can we roll it back manually...or is ther a newer update...(when was the last one, in March, or is there a newer one?)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
sorry about another post about this...should have searched...i did a reset and erase...started it back up...still no work wifi...i'll check my IT department to see if they changed anything...

gonna check the recording thing now...last couple recordings i had no data message, then it only recorded for 6 minutes when I scheduled 4 hours...

and again, another one that had flawless reception/functionality for 6 months or so when i got it...sounds like the last update f'd this all up...can we roll it back manually...or is ther a newer update...(when was the last one, in March, or is there a newer one?)

No newer updates. And no rollbacks.

I believe the connection module on the SL2 has become corrupted and can't recongnize the network. May I suggest that you do a device recovery? A reset + erase removes recordable memory but can leave a corrupted firmware intact. A device recovery does the same thing + replaces the firmware. This is probably your best shot at recovering your netowork.

If that doesn't fix it, I would think your IT guys changed something. The SL2 can only see certain types of WiFi networks. Perhaps yours no longer filts that category.

The odds would be a corrupted firmware.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I couldn't connect to WiFi at work for a few days. Home WiFi remained normal.

A few days later, everything was fine.

JoeProcopio

Feb 17, 2009
hmmm....IT hasn't changed anything...still can see other networks in the area....i did an erase/reset just to see...nothing new. I'm going to do a recovery again at home....maybe the last one didn't take completely....it was only a couple weeks ago...and i wasn't able to connect at work right after that i believe...

thanks for the help...i'll chime back to let you know if it worked...

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
hmmm....IT hasn't changed anything...still can see other networks in the area....i did an erase/reset just to see...nothing new. I'm going to do a recovery again at home....maybe the last one didn't take completely....it was only a couple weeks ago...and i wasn't able to connect at work right after that i believe...

thanks for the help...i'll chime back to let you know if it worked...

Good idea to do a recovery again. I would try and connect to your home network and see what happens. Or possibly a neighbors if you have that kind of a rapport with them. There could be a possiblilty that your works WIFI has been modified and won't let you get on, but I doubt it.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
what is with this i see about 90 minute inactivity shutoff? how can you record a 4 hour show then?

Nobody answered this one.

Anyway, the 90 minute timeout is only for the online listening. Listen as long as you'd like through the satellite.

The easiest way (and really only way) to get around the 90 minute timeout is to change the channel everytime a bad song or commercial is played.

JoeProcopio

Feb 17, 2009
i connected fine at home last night....so...before i did a complete recovery again...i checked the wifi connection again...so now since the last recovery i did, i was able to connect through wifi at work...something changed...before i was able to see the network right away...now i have to go through hidden network and manually put it in...connected right up now...

so far so good....thanks for the help guys!

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
i connected fine at home last night....so...before i did a complete recovery again...i checked the wifi connection again...so now since the last recovery i did, i was able to connect through wifi at work...something changed...before i was able to see the network right away...now i have to go through hidden network and manually put it in...connected right up now...

so far so good....thanks for the help guys!

Glad to hear everything seems to be running smoothly. Let us know if anything bad is happening.