SL2 - Logos after Channel Changes

satradfan

Oct 11, 2008
Some of my channels lost their logos after the channel line up....

The Pulse
The Blend
Elvis Radio
...and on and on.

Anyone else have the same issue and know how to fix it?

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
That's still better than having the wrong logo (like some channels had before the lineup change). It's a little step in the right direction...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I believe the ones you have mentioned had a small change in the station titles. The SL2 cannot match a logo to the exact channel name coming from Sirius.

You will have to wait for Sirius to release a software patch. They did it once after the merger. Not sure if they will do it again since the radio is pretty much out of support and production. The SL100 got no such update.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I think we're sol till new hardware is released.
The Sirius updating system didn't pan out like they thought it would. Hopefully they learned from their mistakes.
Posted via Mobile Device

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Sirius actually had a cool updating sysem on the S50. You would connect it using the S50 software to the internet and it would download new channel logos automatically if there were any changes. This seemed to work very well on the S50. Then they rolled out the SL10 and SL100 which were done by Zing (now part of Dell) and you basically had to download what was seemingly a firmware update, but it was actually just logo changes. it worked the same on the SL2. I do recall one update after the merger now that I think about it, but that was the last one.

Zing has nothing to do with Sirius anymore and though I think Sirius likely has the right to update their channel logo's. I wonder if anyone in house actually knows how to great these firmware/logo updates. I honestly doubt it so I think Heck is right those with these radios are just SOL.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Sirius actually had a cool updating sysem on the S50. You would connect it using the S50 software to the internet and it would download new channel logos automatically if there were any changes. This seemed to work very well on the S50. Then they rolled out the SL10 and SL100 which were done by Zing (now part of Dell) and you basically had to download what was seemingly a firmware update, but it was actually just logo changes. it worked the same on the SL2. I do recall one update after the merger now that I think about it, but that was the last one.

Zing has nothing to do with Sirius anymore and though I think Sirius likely has the right to update their channel logo's. I wonder if anyone in house actually knows how to great these firmware/logo updates. I honestly doubt it so I think Heck is right those with these radios are just SOL.

The last update on the SL2 came after the merger post-Zing.

UncleScam

Jan 8, 2009
Springfield
Yeah, it's too bad - SL2 is missing tons of channel images. Mine has been behaving kinda strangely since the channel update - but it's always behaved kinda strange, so who knows...

wolski

Mar 31, 2009
FTH Group

I came across this the other day:
Welcome to FTH Group Inc.

They say they will update the software on your Stiletto 2 to include all the new channel logos free of charge if you mail it in. Has anyone done this? Wonder why they just don't offer the update through my Sirius studio like before?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I came across this the other day:
Welcome to FTH Group Inc.

They say they will update the software on your Stiletto 2 to include all the new channel logos free of charge if you mail it in. Has anyone done this? Wonder why they just don't offer the update through my Sirius studio like before?

They may have figured out how to hack the firmware. Its not official (thus not though Sirius Studio). Whether or not they can be trusted, who knows. I will pass myself.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah, that looks like a suspicious website to me. . . . .
Practically no information, and they want you to mail in your radio?