SL2 Internet service issues?

downsj

Nov 17, 2008
Hi all,

With the return of Art Bell, I dug my SL2 (w/ lifetime!) out of the old moving box that had all of my Sirius stuff, plugged it into my trusty old Soloist (!), connected it up to my wifi... To find that it will only play for 10 minutes at a time, before it loses the connection and has to reconnect. Is there an issue with the Internet service used by the SL2, or is my SL2 just losing it's ability to speak over wifi?

Luckily, I can get a good solid two bars from an old home antenna sitting in the window, but wifi would be nice.

What radio are SL2 users migrating to these days? Looks like the Lynx is on it's way out already. Sounds like it doesn't matter if a replacement radio is "XM", they can still transfer the lifetime sub.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hi all,

With the return of Art Bell, I dug my SL2 (w/ lifetime!) out of the old moving box that had all of my Sirius stuff, plugged it into my trusty old Soloist (!), connected it up to my wifi... To find that it will only play for 10 minutes at a time, before it loses the connection and has to reconnect. Is there an issue with the Internet service used by the SL2, or is my SL2 just losing it's ability to speak over wifi?

Luckily, I can get a good solid two bars from an old home antenna sitting in the window, but wifi would be nice.

What radio are SL2 users migrating to these days? Looks like the Lynx is on it's way out already. Sounds like it doesn't matter if a replacement radio is "XM", they can still transfer the lifetime sub.

I can usually keep its connection for about 1-2 hours on a Sunday afternoon with NFL. I find it does require a solid WiFi signal. If it is at all marginal (wrong side of the room) it drops much sooner.

The Lynx has always been considered my choice but I have eliminated it as I don't want to move from one unsupported radio to another. If my SL2 dies, I will likely just keep the sub active for the $3.50/mo internet.

downsj

Nov 17, 2008
I can usually keep its connection for about 1-2 hours on a Sunday afternoon with NFL. I find it does require a solid WiFi signal. If it is at all marginal (wrong side of the room) it drops much sooner.

The Lynx has always been considered my choice but I have eliminated it as I don't want to move from one unsupported radio to another. If my SL2 dies, I will likely just keep the sub active for the $3.50/mo internet.

Yeah, that's what mine has been relegated to for the past couple of years. The SL2's $3.50 premium Internet account is what my phone and such uses. I'd just like to have a stand alone radio, perhaps for nostalgia's sake... This is *Art Bell*, after all. It's all nostalgia for me.

I'm amazed the Soloist is stil working as well as it is, they were cheap to begin with, and I beat the hell out of the two I had. (Cat destroyed one, sadly.)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Yeah, that's what mine has been relegated to for the past couple of years. The SL2's $3.50 premium Internet account is what my phone and such uses. I'd just like to have a stand alone radio, perhaps for nostalgia's sake... This is *Art Bell*, after all. It's all nostalgia for me.

I'm amazed the Soloist is stil working as well as it is, they were cheap to begin with, and I beat the hell out of the two I had. (Cat destroyed one, sadly.)

Go back about 6-7 years and look at the Tivoli. :)

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I also got my SL2 up and running, plugged it into Soloist. Haven't really used it since earlier in the summer, July or so. I mostly used it for wifi anyway, but did notice it had issues connecting and staying connected the first 2 or so tries. After that though I have been using it portably with wifi and it seems to be staying connected.