SL2 feature I did not know about til yesterday

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I will probably get blasted for this because this may be common knowledge to everyone but myself. I usually read instruction manuals and did with my SL2 but I don't remember this being in there.

On the SL2 if you hold down the middle button (the button in the middle of the wheel) this will act like a previous channel button and will take you back to the last channel you were listening too.

Example: If your listening to Howard 100 and were previously listening to Howard 101, just press and hold the middle button and the SL2 will jump back to the previous channel.

Again, 9/10ths of you are probably rolling your eyes and saying "no sh**" at this but I really somehow did NOT know about this.

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
You're right.
It's not in the book.
I wouldn't have known about it if someone hadn't made a similar post on the old SBS.

Pretty cool deal.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
This is true for almost all the Sirius tuners, so while it isn't new why they don't add it to the manual is unknown! I think over time many of us that know it forget about it.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
Wouldn't it be nice if a moderator added a new sticky thread: "Undocumented SL2 Features" where all these little known tricks could be shown? hint, hint... ;)

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Wouldn't it be nice if a moderator added a new sticky thread: "Undocumented SL2 Features" where all these little known tricks could be shown? hint, hint... ;)

If we can compile a list that has some more info, we'll do it.

BTW, I didn't know that either. :)

acap

Oct 16, 2008
I knew my Starmate4 did that but never tried with the Stiletto2! Thanks!!

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
This is true for almost all the Sirius tuners, so while it isn't new why they don't add it to the manual is unknown! I think over time many of us that know it forget about it.

That's exactly how I found out about it on my SL100! I thought to myself, "All the other Sirius radios I've had can do it, so can my Stiletto?" I tried it, and it worked!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I tried it with everything from inv to starmate 5 it works if you press and hold the selection button/knob. Good job who ever found this out

Yes this is an old hidden feature that for whatever reason Sirius has never published. This even worked with their first generation of tuners way back when!