SL2 activation problems

YankeeXDev

Oct 19, 2008
Rochester New York
SL2 activation under new account

I had a SL2 and I sold it to one of my friends a few weeks ago. He went about trying to activate it today and when he enters the SID number it says it is not a valid code. So now I am trying to get into my account to see if there is anything still connected to my account. I called back in May to have them turn off my radio but the guy said if I call back to reactivate it then I don't have to pay a activation charge. So I don't know how to get my SL2 I sold to get activated with a new account. So what I am thinking is somehow the guy I talked to just put a hold on my account and now with me trying to help my friend out activate it under his name somehow the code won't transfer over. But I don't see why it would be a problem if the radio is not activated. Calling sirius is going to be my last resort since they are really annoying to speak to.

But I would assume he can activate the radio under a new account but it keeps denying the code. I never had any problem with activating my radio more then a year ago.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Did they take the radio off your account? I get they only suspended service instead of turing it off completely. You're going have to call Sirius. You may not like it, but that's the only way it's going to happen :worried:

Sirius Customer Service isn't as bad as people used to say it is. At least you don't have to call XM Customer Service. Those people have no clue what's going on :shock:

YankeeXDev

Oct 19, 2008
Rochester New York
Did they take the radio off your account? I get they only suspended service instead of turing it off completely. You're going have to call Sirius. You may not like it, but that's the only way it's going to happen :worried:

Sirius Customer Service isn't as bad as people used to say it is. At least you don't have to call XM Customer Service. Those people have no clue what's going on :shock:

On my sirius.com account page there is no services activated. I am technically not a subscriber anymore but I am still in there records. When I went to cancel I think the guy just took me off as a subscriber and put my radio on hold so no one else can activate it. The radio is deactivated any everything but the person who has the radio now can't activate it on the phone.

I got to the main menu but is there a specific line I should go to so I can resolve this? I don't think the billing department has anything to do with this matter, then manage account I said and it was only updating contact info and paying. And tech line is only for problems with your radio if its broken.

All I need is to reach someone who can take my radio off my account and let it be activated on another account. They make you go through a million menus when you call them up.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
All I need is to reach someone who can take my radio off my account and let it be activated on another account. They make you go through a million menus when you call them up.

Here's a transcript of my phone calls...

Sirius: "Thank you for calling Sirius, the best radio on radio. For english, press..."

me: "0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0...."