Sl100: Sound out of only one ear

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Hello.

Just got a new "old" Sirius Stiletto 100. Not sure what happened but sound is now only coming out of only one headphone. I know headphones sometimes suck but I've tried several (including a brand new pair, plus a pair of speakers that work directly into the unit). I assume this is a hardware issue. It would sort of break my hear to start all over with my recordings but I guess I can do that if reseting would work. Any advice? Any place for repairs? I "Siriusly" just bought this and can't see plucking down more money for yet another so soon (if ever again). This sucks! Thanks in advance.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
if you handy with a solder, i heard the headphone jack is crap in these things. you can take it apart and try to re-solder it to the board. there were instructions over on siriusbackstage on how to take it apart

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
if you handy with a solder, i heard the headphone jack is crap in these things. you can take it apart and try to re-solder it to the board. there were instructions over on siriusbackstage on how to take it apart

I noticed that. My dad might be able to, though. That being said, I'd rather just not try and deal with it myself. Does anybody around here fix them? Know of any services? I think I'd rather just pay a decent price.

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
the headphone jack is crap in these things

Exactly right. This was the only problem I had with my two SL100's. When the second jack failed (and I was VERY careful after the first one broke) I did the ole BB PSP upgrade to my current S2. I remember seeing those instructions to take the receiver apart and resolder the weak joint. But the warranty exchange made far more sense to me.

And I ran into someone recently who still uses an old SL100, and his also has a broken headphone jack. But since he never uses headphones, it's not an issue for him.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Does anybody around here fix them? Know of any services? I think I'd rather just pay a decent price.

We do have a guy that has the ability to repair issues like this. We also have some SL100 that have been working great that we have for sale on our site. I agree with you in thinking that its a hardware issue and a repair may be needed. There is a small possibility that this could be software related and that may require a hard reset. But then you are deleting recordings and it sounds like you may not want to do that. Let me know if you are interested in a repair and I will give you the information on how to inquire about that.