SL100 Dead -Is all lost?

deminimis

Sep 28, 2009
Well my Stiletto 100 crapped out last week. When I fire it up, the dots under the Dog light up, but it never goes beyond that screen. When connected to my computer, looks like about 90% of my playlist no longer exists. My new SL2 arrived today, but I sure would like recover some of my tunes off my SL100 paperweight if at all possible. Yea, I know, back up next time.

To further clarify, I've done countless batt pulls. The unit won't even update when connected to my computer. I'm guessing I'm SOL, but thought I'd ask before I place the unit in my clay pigeon thrower and show it who's boss.

Thanks.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I am not sure the SL series allows you to copy from internal memory even if they are your MP3s (certainly not loved songs). Do you not have the original on your computer?

With the SL2 you can put these on the SD card giving you much more control.

deminimis

Sep 28, 2009
I need to run out and get a SD card. I just loaded a couple of tunes on the new one and sure 'nuff, can't pull them off. Thanks.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I need to run out and get a SD card. I just loaded a couple of tunes on the new one and sure 'nuff, can't pull them off. Thanks.

You can thank the RIAA for that restriction. My MP3 player also has the same restriction. It would be too easy to copy music without it. Now you have to get partially creative and use an SD card or memory stick.