SL 100 preset trouble

Discussion in 'Sirius Portables' started by 5thstreet, Jan 29, 2009.

1. 5thstreet

5thstreet Member

I'm having trouble with the presets on my SL 100. I'll try to explain. While the SL 100 is in my car dock, sometimes when I press a button on the remote it changes the preset. For example I'll be listening to The Blend, preset 8. I press the 2 button on the remote to change the channel, and instead it changes the preset #2 to The Blend. Huh?

I've tried to recreate this, but I can't get it to happen on purpose. It only happens maybe once every few weeks.

I'm lost. Anybody else having the same trouble? Any suggestions?

2. syphix

syphix Member

It sounds like the button is sticking.

3. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I've had similar happenings with my SL2.
    I'm not sure what is going on when it has happened to be able to offer advice, but it's happened to me too.

It has only happened a couple of times, so it's hard to be positive, but I think it's working like this.

Presets are all ok and. . . . well. . . . set. I would have been in direct tune mode browsing through a couple of stations that aren't presets, and decide to go back to a preset favorite. Push the preset button and then the preset channel location, and presto, CNN is written over my Alt Nation preset #1.

It has only happened a couple of times, so I wasn't paying a lot of attention to what could have caused it, but I think it's only happened in my car. . . ? And it's only happened a couple of times over the last year or more.

Possibly something disrupting the power to the dock between engine shut off, start up, and actually docking the radio makes it think it's a new partnership? I don't know, just spitballing. . . . .