SL 100 keeps crashing

MoeSyslack

Oct 14, 2008
Summer Shade KY
My SL100 wont stay on for more than an hour or two without crashing. When it shuts down the only way to get it to power back up is to remove the battery and let it sit for a while then it will power up sometimes.

Then it will only work for a couple of days before it will go into device recovery. I have the latest firmware and cant figure how to keep this thing working. Any ideas? Thanks

MoeSyslack

Oct 14, 2008
Summer Shade KY
Its displays the error message saying it needs a recovery. It worked fine for a couple of months after I got it. It displayed the error message the first time and hasnt been right since.

MoeSyslack

Oct 14, 2008
Summer Shade KY
Thats part of the problem. I cant listen to it for more than a couple of hours before it needs a device recovery. I just listened to it for 4 minutes and it crashed and went into device recovery mode.

No its not under warranty. I bought it off of ebay. I worked fine for several months then crashed and hasnt been right since.

MoeSyslack

Oct 14, 2008
Summer Shade KY
By the way is the device recovery software not compatible with vista 64? Its works fine on my wifes 32bit laptop but I cant install it on my 64bit desktop. It also crashes before it finishes installing.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
By the way is the device recovery software not compatible with vista 64? Its works fine on my wifes 32bit laptop but I cant install it on my 64bit desktop. It also crashes before it finishes installing.

Have you downloaded the latest version from the Sirius website? It may work on Vista while the one on the install CD may not.

MoeSyslack

Oct 14, 2008
Summer Shade KY
Yes its the one from the website.

Im thinking that it may be the battery. After it crashed yesterday I removed the battery and have had it docked and it has worked for the longest stretch in a while.

The only thing Im not sure about is if its the battery or the connections in the stiletto.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Yes its the one from the website.

Im thinking that it may be the battery. After it crashed yesterday I removed the battery and have had it docked and it has worked for the longest stretch in a while.

The only thing Im not sure about is if its the battery or the connections in the stiletto.

The SL100 comes with 2 batteries does it not? You could try the other battery and see if it works better. You could always get a replacement battery but if the problem is in the unit's interface with the battery. that won't help.

MoeSyslack

Oct 14, 2008
Summer Shade KY
Well Its definetley the battery.

Ive listened to it without the battery in the dock all last night and all day today with zero problems. I put the battery in it to listen outside and it wouldnt stay on for only a couple of minutes at a time. Then it froze up and I had to let it sit for a while before it would turn on.

Removed the battery and docked it and its working great again. Now I just wish I knew if it was the battery itself or the connections. I dont have the second battery so I guess Ill have to buy another one.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Unfortunately we don't have the standard size batteries in stock but we do have the slim ones available. Here is a link to the product: TSS-Radio Stiletto Slim Battery

YAY!!!

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
FWIW, you might want to see if the male connectors on the Stileto are aligned with the battery's female connections. It happened to me once and I had to gently move one of the contacts in place for my Stiletto to funtion.