Site updates/maintenance

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
Posted here to avoid front page clutter...

Site Upgrade/Maintenance Information

vBulletin software has been updated to the latest stable version. The update is mainly a maintenance release with bug fixes for various issues with no major feature additions.

Style change. The default Digital Radio Central style has changed to be a variable width style along with some other changes to the look and feel. This style is still being worked on, if you notice anything that is a show stopper, please PM me with the details so I can look into it. I have left the old style “Twisted Dark†available for user selection if need be.

Mobile style. A scaled down mobile style for the site is now available. It does not support all of the features of the site and is optimized for loading messages on a mobile device so most of the frills of inline images, smilies, videos, and other graphics will be omitted from the site.

Mobile Device Style chooser. If you access the site using a mobile device, the site now checks to see what browser is visiting the site. If it detects that you are using a supported mobile device it will force you to use the mobile version of the site. If your device is not supported you can manually select the style at the bottom of the page. (NOTE: Due to this you will not be able to use the normal style to view the site if it detects you are using a mobile browser).

Some more Smilies. About 100 new smilies have been added to the site, many of them you guys will recognize, although codes may have changed from what you were use to using.

Some additional features and enhancements to the site are still in the works and should be released shortly. If you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to make the suggestion.

Reactions: semipenguin

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
ok, i like the mobile version of drc, but i really wish there was a way we could disable. for example, i thought drc worked great using opera mini. now, even if we uncheck the mobile view option under opera mini, the site still detects that you're mobile.
Posted via Mobile Device

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
Mini Opera does have the option I believe of spoofing the User-Agent String somewhere in it's setup. If you spoof that string and make the site appear to be IE/Firefox then you should be able to view the site under the normal style (and you could always choose the mobile version manually).

Or maybe it's just the normal version of opera... give that whirl first and see if you can/if it works.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
they have a option where if you want opera mini to act like a normal web browser you uncheck the mobile view option. i have it unchecked and the site still comes up as mobile. that's the only way that i know to spoof opera mini to make it think its running like IE/firefox
Posted via Mobile Device

DoublEE

Oct 11, 2008
South Euclid, Ohio
Posted here to avoid front page clutter...

Site Upgrade/Maintenance Information

vBulletin software has been updated to the latest stable version. The update is mainly a maintenance release with bug fixes for various issues with no major feature additions.

Style change. The default Digital Radio Central style has changed to be a variable width style along with some other changes to the look and feel. This style is still being worked on, if you notice anything that is a show stopper, please PM me with the details so I can look into it. I have left the old style “Twisted Dark†available for user selection if need be.

Mobile style. A scaled down mobile style for the site is now available. It does not support all of the features of the site and is optimized for loading messages on a mobile device so most of the frills of inline images, smilies, videos, and other graphics will be omitted from the site.

Mobile Device Style chooser. If you access the site using a mobile device, the site now checks to see what browser is visiting the site. If it detects that you are using a supported mobile device it will force you to use the mobile version of the site. If your device is not supported you can manually select the style at the bottom of the page. (NOTE: Due to this you will not be able to use the normal style to view the site if it detects you are using a mobile browser).

Some more Smilies. About 100 new smilies have been added to the site, many of them you guys will recognize, although codes may have changed from what you were use to using.

Some additional features and enhancements to the site are still in the works and should be released shortly. If you have any suggestions or ideas feel free to make the suggestion.

Looks good overall but the font size is too small for my 1600 X 1200 display setting.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Looks like the favicon dropped as well. It's back to the default vBulletin one.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I was a bit confused coming in this morning, things looked a tad differen't but not bad overall. Like others, the font seems smaller, but I just ctrl+scrolled in firefox to zoom in and got it back to a decent view for now.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
You guys need your eyes checked!! :pointer:

The font looks just fine on my 1920x1600 resolution Mac display. :D

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i think you need to scrap this mobile thing and go back to the way it was. almost every phone can run opera mini and we get the site the way it was.
Posted via Mobile Device

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
i think you need to scrap this mobile thing and go back to the way it was. almost every phone can run opera mini and we get the site the way it was.
Posted via Mobile Device

I for one am quite happy with the new mobile theme. I'm on T-Mobile (who app locks their phones) and my only phone that can run opera mini isn't worth using it on because the screen resolution is so low. Now I can visit the boards with my better phone and not have it crash because of memory overflows.