Site Interruption - Ongoing Maintenance

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
We're back on-line.

Sorry for the interruption. We're working on fixing some server issues and may pop off line now and then for a little while.

Hopefully the disruptions are short and we can give you a little advance notice.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
We need a few more skins, please.

This new dark one is way too dark and the red looks like something out of Bride of Chucky, Carrie or The Shining.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
White and light grey letters on a dark grey background. I don't like it. And everyone's avatar is now round instead of square. Mister kryptonite wants more "skins." I do too. Whoever made these horrible and unnecessary changes to DRC should be skinned alive!

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
We still have problems with Tapatalk but I have a post in with them to find out why we're getting errors with the new version. I get an unidentified index forum_id issue, which I can't seem to locate a fix for online.

I'd like to think the new site is responsive and should scale to a phone/tablet. If someone has a chance, they should try it.

Reactions: semipenguin

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
White and light grey letters on a dark grey background. I don't like it. And everyone's avatar is now round instead of square. Mister kryptonite wants more "skins." I do too. Whoever made these horrible and unnecessary changes to DRC should be skinned alive!

Unnecessary? The old skin was no longer supported and 1.5 of Xenforo was abandoned. As it sits, between plugin upgrades and theme replacement, I should be sending you a bill. :)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
We need a few more skins, please.

This new dark one is way too dark and the red looks like something out of Bride of Chucky, Carrie or The Shining.

Shut up.

OK. We're in the process up upgrading to a more stable software.

The short version of it is that we're doing things on the quick, and like your parents told you, "You'll get what you get, and you'll like it!"

Seriously, we''ll be tinkering around with things for a little bit, but our first priority is a stable platform. You'll get used to the little things like color schemes.

Reactions: Kryptonite

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I know nothing about Xenforo. It sounds like the name of a weight-loss drug. I know nothing about skins. I know what I like, though, and I don't like the new layout and color scheme – or should I say lack-of-color scheme? And yes, my parents did indeed frequently tell me, "You'll get what you get and you'll like it." How did you know? Or is it that everybody's parents say that?

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
Xenforo is the software that the bulletin board runs on. A skin provides the look/feel.

And me, I work for a cable company in Infrastructure and got dragged into this..... SOOOOOOO..

tenor.gif

:)

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I know nothing about Xenforo. It sounds like the name of a weight-loss drug. I know nothing about skins. I know what I like, though, and I don't like the new layout and color scheme – or should I say lack-of-color scheme? And yes, my parents did indeed frequently tell me, "You'll get what you get and you'll like it." How did you know? Or is it that everybody's parents say that?
We're a small board, without a ton of members.
We maintain the place on a volunteer basis.
We're not planning on dumping a lot of cash into it, but are more interested in keeping it up and running smoothly.

I'm on several other boards that don't look as nice as this one does. Even with the grey color scheme (which I happen to like) it's still a step forward.

So please ease up on the whining. You'll get used to it soon enough.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Xenforo is the software that the bulletin board runs on. A skin provides the look/feel.

And me, I work for a cable company in Infrastructure and got dragged into this..... SOOOOOOO..

tenor.gif

:)
Now you've done it 98. You have got the cable guy pissed off at you. I hope you don't expect your cable to be working for the next big game. :)

Reactions: Channel98

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
We still have problems with Tapatalk but I have a post in with them to find out why we're getting errors with the new version. I get an unidentified index forum_id issue, which I can't seem to locate a fix for online.

I'd like to think the new site is responsive and should scale to a phone/tablet. If someone has a chance, they should try it.

Appreciate the effort. I am ok checking when I am home until tapatalk works. I like the notifications but I can wait.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
Now you've done it 98. You have got the cable guy pissed off at you. I hope you don't expect your cable to be working for the next big game. :)

He's lucky the alternative wasn't reached, which was just closing the damned thing. :)

Appreciate the effort. I am ok checking when I am home until tapatalk works. I like the notifications but I can wait.

No problem. As soon as I hear back from Tapatalk, I'll reactivate it. It just fills the logs really bad with an error message, though I think it still actually works fine, just a big bug.