Site Interruption - Ongoing Maintenance

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm ball-busting, because it's what we do here.
It's about managing expectations too.
We're fortunate to have this site available to us, we're never going to be able to make everyone 100% happy because our tastes are all going to be different, and we'll all get used to things after a little while.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
I have gotten used the the new look. I actually have found some features I like (the New Posts button always visible for instance). I would really like ignored forums and topics back though.
Pretty sure I installed a plugin to give ignore options. Maybe there's a setting that needs to be figured out to give you what you want, or maybe it's not very intuitive as to how to engage it.

The old Themehouse Ignore More plugin wasn't supported by 2.x of Xenforo, so I had to go find a workalike from someone else.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Pretty sure I installed a plugin to give ignore options. Maybe there's a setting that needs to be figured out to give you what you want, or maybe it's not very intuitive as to how to engage it.

The old Themehouse Ignore More plugin wasn't supported by 2.x of Xenforo, so I had to go find a workalike from someone else.
I am able to ignore members but that is not what I want to do. I want to ignore threads and/or forums.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
I am able to ignore members but that is not what I want to do. I want to ignore threads and/or forums.
This is the plugin I installed. Maybe I have to add access to it for you or something? (Edit: Looks like I had to, so I did add access too this and Similar Threads).

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This is the plugin I installed. Maybe I have to add access to it for you or something?

Perhaps. I don't see the "your ignored content" tabs where they are in that link.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Skiing, if you want to ignore certain forums and threads, don't go to those forums and don't open those threads. Simple! I'm glad I could help.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Skiing, if you want to ignore certain forums and threads, don't go to those forums and don't open those threads. Simple! I'm glad I could help.
I use the new posts feature to read this forum. Threads from forums I want to ignore are interspersed with the ones I am not.