SIRIUSXM U Station 26

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
I discovered this channel about a month ago. What got my attention is that it is music that is so different than what any other XM channel plays. I don't know any of the bands that get played on the channel yet qne unfortunately, I don't spend allot of time listening to it yet anyways.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
WOW! Good stuff! Anyone else discover this station?
This was another so called merger fatality that caused so many XMers to jump off the bridge. Actually, they mainly use 4 DJs, 2 from Sirius Disorder and 2 from XMU. When you actually give it a chance, it's a very good channel.

I am also, for the first time, really into Underground Garage. It's such an interesting channel. For example, I turned it on the other day, heard a really cool song from some band I never heard of, followed by the Ramones followed by The Yardbirds. I don't understand exactly what this musical genre is, but it's pretty unpredictable and good.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I liked XMU when it was exclusive to XM, but I like it even better now that it's on Sirius too. Underground garage is another one I never listened to on Sirius, but now that it's on both services I've been getting into it. Heard a Cheap Trick song that I really liked, and I don't listen to too much music like that.

TulaneJeff

Oct 13, 2008
New Orleans
I never listened to XMU until the lineup merge. Now it's my first preset. Really loving it.

There are so many new songs that I love from artists that I've never heard of. I use Shazam on my iPhone to tag new songs all the time.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I wanted to like left of center but it was just to "douchie". This channel can get douchie but that's not all the time. It's still programed like the typical sirius channel (5hrs of killer then for some reason falls apart for a few hours) but that's ok. I like my fill all at once then move on.

pattere14

Dec 6, 2008
Sxmu

I could not disagree more with the previous posts. Jake and Julie were always LOC djs and i like them. the nighttime guy, Josiah for XM, is terrible. I have loved LOC for 4 years and hated XMU for their pointless playlists. LOC was pointed and more indie hits oriented. The difference since the channel change is huge. How many times can they play bands with Deer in the name? I know this is a hostile crowd but this is the way I feel. I'm jumping to slacker. I think it will be better.

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I could not disagree more with the previous posts. Jake and Julie were always LOC djs and i like them. the nighttime guy, Josiah for XM, is terrible. I have loved LOC for 4 years and hated XMU for their pointless playlists. LOC was pointed and more indie hits oriented. The difference since the channel change is huge. How many times can they play bands with Deer in the name? I know this is a hostile crowd but this is the way I feel. I'm jumping to slacker. I think it will be better.
Has it really changed that much since the merger? I regularly listened to LoC and it seems to me they basically changed the name to SXMU, added a couple of XM jocks and called it good. They still seem to play the current Indie hits and rotate in and out the older stuff. That's how it seems to me.

Last edited:

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Well to each his own. I am a person who has said this before that has liked some of the channels because of the merger that have improved big time. I like to hear the hits along with stuff I havent heard in awhile.

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
I got to listen to this channel early this morning for a few hours and I did like everything I heard. Funny you mentiones the Deer titles as they played a band called Deer Hunter.

I did notice the channel is uncensored when they played a certain song by Liz Phair.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I liked left of center and I like the new SiriusXMU as well. The play lists seem a bit deeper and varied now.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
My biggest problem is that Blog Radio seems to be on when I want to listen the most.
AAAAAND it happens again.........ugh!

I turn to SXMU and remembered why this is becoming not my favorite station anymore.

TWO OF HEARTS by ANNIE playing on my Indie Rock station? I hate it when the bloggers try so hard to be cute by playing something obscure or different. It flippin' kills me.

Just change the station name to Blog Radio already get it over with.

And it's too bad because I don't mind Blog Radio but it has taken away from my indie rock station.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
It could be worse. They could have played Two of Hearts bt Stacy Q...:shock:

:)
Posted via Mobile Device