1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

SiriusXM to launch "Tim McGraw Radio"

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Mar 28, 2011.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Tim McGraw Performs Exclusive Concert at The Beacon Theatre Celebrating Ten Years of SiriusXM Broadcasting the Best in Country Music

Private concert for SiriusXM listeners will include performances by Luke Bryan and The Band Perry
    SiriusXM to launch "Tim McGraw Radio" channel devoted to the superstar's musical career
    SiriusXM to air multiple Tim McGraw concerts live from across the country during his upcoming national "Emotional Traffic" tour

NEW YORK, March 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) announced today that Tim McGraw will perform at New York City's Beacon Theatre for an exclusive, invitation-only concert for SiriusXM listeners. The concert will celebrate ten years of SiriusXM broadcasting the best in country music.

The concert, which will be broadcast live on Wednesday, April 27 at 7:30 pm ET, will feature the superstar performing songs from his 11 #1 country albums. The private concert will also include performances by Luke Bryan and The Band Perry, who will join McGraw on his upcoming national "Emotional Traffic" tour. The concert will air nationwide live on three SiriusXM channels: "Tim McGraw Radio," The Highway and Prime Country.

In anticipation of the event, SiriusXM will launch "Tim McGraw Radio," a commercial-free music channel devoted to McGraw's music catalog. The channel will also feature an in-depth interview with McGraw.

"As part of SiriusXM's unwavering support of country music, we are presenting a special concert by one of music's most iconic and beloved performers -- Tim McGraw," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. "No one but SiriusXM offers music lovers nationwide the broadest and best country music coverage, and we are thrilled to offer this concert only to our listeners."

"I couldn't be more excited to perform this intimate New York City show," said Tim McGraw. "SiriusXM is a long-time supporter of country music, bringing my music, and that of new and established country artists, to millions of fans for the past decade. I'm looking forward to celebrating with SiriusXM and my fans."

"Tim McGraw Radio" will launch on Wednesday, April 20 and air through April 27. The channel will also be available on SiriusXM Internet Radio and through the SiriusXM App for the Apple iPhone, iPod touch and several BlackBerry and Android-powered smartphone devices starting Wednesday, April 20 for an extended period.

Following SiriusXM's New York City concert, SiriusXM will also air multiple live Tim McGraw concerts from various cities across the country during his national "Emotional Traffic" tour.

Subscribers will have the opportunity to win tickets to the event through dedicated listener emails as well as various call-in promotions across SiriusXM's diverse music, talk and sports on-air channels. SiriusXM subscribers can also enter for the chance to win tickets by going to SiriusXM Radio beginning April 4, 2011. One grand prize winner will be awarded four tickets to the exclusive concert, a paid trip to New York City, two nights lodging, an "Everything Plus The Best Of" Sirius or XM subscription for the lifetime of the subscriber's radio, an opportunity to be a guest DJ on "Tim McGraw Radio," an autographed guitar and the chance to meet Tim McGraw before the concert. All online sweepstakes opportunities to win tickets to the concert are limited to listeners who have been an active Sirius or XM subscriber continuously since March 27, 2011, and meet certain other Conditions of Eligibility. See Official Rules at SiriusXM Radio starting April 4, 2011.

Tim McGraw has sold over 40 million units and dominated the charts with 32 Number One singles. He has scored chart-toppers across three decades now -- from 1994's "Don't Take the Girl" to 2011's "Felt Good On My Lips," a bonus track from the double CD collection, Number One Hits.

With 7.8 million spins at radio, McGraw was the most-played artist of the past decade. Southern Voice, his most recent studio album, debuted at No. 1 on Billboard's Top Country Albums chart and the title track hit No. 1 on Billboard's Country Songs chart. His "Southern Voice " tour was the No. 1 country music tour of 2010. McGraw has won three GRAMMY® awards, 14 Academy of Country Music awards, 11 Country Music Association awards, 10 American Music awards, three People's Choice awards and numerous other awards.

Also an accomplished actor, McGraw co-starred with Gwyneth Paltrow, Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester in Screen Gems' Country Strong. His other films include The Blind Side (2009), which was nominated for an Academy Award, Four Christmases (2008), The Kingdom (2007), Flicka (2006) and Friday Night Lights (2004).

"Tim McGraw Radio" is the latest example of SiriusXM's original artist-branded channels dedicated to iconic musicians. In addition to its current lineup of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Radio, Elvis Radio, Radio Margaritaville and Pearl Jam Radio, SiriusXM has previously offered channels such as "Paul McCartney's Band on the Run Radio," "Elton!," "The Who Channel," "Mandatory Metallica," "Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio," "Rolling Stones Radio," "AC/DC Radio," "Led Zeppelin Radio," "Miles Davis Radio," "The Spectrum of John Mellencamp," "Radio R.E.M.," "Coldplay Nation," "ABBA Radio," "Jay-Z Nation," "Garth Brooks Radio" and "Duran Duran's Red Carpet Radio."
  2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

So which channel is it pre-empting? If its XM 17 my wife will be pissed. Its one of her favourite channels.
  3. SIRIUSaboutXM

Hopefully Sirius channel 113 and XM channel 38 recently vacated by S & G Radio.
  4. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

In reading between the lines of the press release, my guess is that it will run on Prime Country for a limited time, and have a longer run on the Internet side. So...you might want to get your wife some flowers to make her feel better! :fallinlove:
  5. SIRIUSaboutXM

According to The Highway's page, it will not pre empt Prime Country or The Highway except during the actual LIVE Concert:

"You can hear it live, Wednesday, April 27 at 7:30 pm ET, on The Highway, Prime Country and Tim McGraw Radio. "
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  6. SIRIUSaboutXM

Still no one knows which channel Tim McGraw Radio will be on? Maybe the channel realignment will coincide with this.
  7. SIRIUSaboutXM

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  8. SIRIUSaboutXM

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

I was hoping that you were wrong, but you're right- I just heard Mike Terry say that Tim McGraw Radio will be on XM17 this Wednesday.:confused: I was hoping they wouldn't do another takeover.:(
  10. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Starts Wed 4/20 @ 3PM ET on XM 17 & Sirius 61

I also heard Kim Ashley say that Shania Twain will be in the SiriusXM studios soon- probably promoting her new show on OWN My 8th.
  11. SIRIUSaboutXM

Hear Tim McGraw's 2011 "Emotional Traffic" Tour Live on SiriusXM

We hope you enjoyed SiriusXM's exclusive live broadcast of Tim McGraw LIVE in concert from New York City's Beacon Theatre last night.

We are excited to announce that SiriusXM will air multiple live concert broadcasts from Tim McGraw's "Emotional Traffic" tour this spring and summer! Concerts will air on The Highway or Prime Country on SiriusXM Satellite Radio, and on the limited-run Tim McGraw Radio channel on SiriusXM Internet Radio. Here are the first three dates; check siriusxm.com/timmcgraw for additional dates and more information:

May 7 - Columbus, OH on Prime Country SXM 58

May 14 - St. Paul, MN on Prime Country SXM 58

May 21 - St. Louis, MO on The Highway SXM 59

And starting Monday, May 2 at 5pm ET, SiriusXM is giving subscribers the chance to enter to win tickets and VIP access to a private pre-show acoustic performance with Tim McGraw for select dates of the tour! Visit siriusxm.com/timmcgraw for details and Official Rules.

Tickets for the "Emotional Traffic" tour are available now. For more information and a complete list of dates, visit timmcgraw.com.
  12. goreds2

goreds2 Well, you know........

Cool stuff. Now I do not feel guilty about not seeing him in Columbus.
  13. SIRIUSaboutXM

Tim McGraw's "Emotional Traffic Tour" pulls into St. Paul this Saturday 5/14....and your front row, center stage seat is reserved right here on Prime Country Sirius|XM 58. Curtain goes up 10ish eastern......or "Something Like That"
  14. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I'm not a country fan, but I went to the concert and had a blast. Plus the two other acts were awesome. Tim rocks!
  15. SIRIUSaboutXM

Tim McGraw’s Emotional Traffic Tour Continues on SiriusXM
    It's a little confusing which channel each concert will air on, so I thought I would try to organize it. All starting times are approximate because they begin when all opening acts are done and Tim is ready to perform and all shows should run about 2 hours. *All shows will be on SXM Online Radio 812*

[​IMG]
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    May 14 10 pm ET
    Xcel Energy Center

[​IMG]
    St. Louis, Missouri
    May 21 10 pm ET
    Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

[​IMG]
    San Diego, California
    June 5 12 am ET
    Cricket Wireless Amphitheater

[​IMG]
    Mountain View, California
    June 12 12 am ET
    Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View

[​IMG]
    Quincy, Washington
    June 19 12 am ET
    The Gorge Amphitheater

[​IMG]
    Detroit
    June 24 9 pm ET
    DTE Energy Music Theatre

[​IMG]
    Raleigh, NC!
    July 8 10 pm ET
    The Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion

[​IMG]
    Chicago
    July 16 10 pm ET
    The First Midwest Bank Amphitheater

[​IMG]
    Boston
    July 24 9 pm ET
    The Comcast Center

[​IMG]
    New Jersey
    July 29 9 pm ET
    The PNC Bank Arts Center

[​IMG]
    Denver
    August 5 9 pm ET
    Comfort Dental Amphitheater

[​IMG]
    Washington, D.C.
    August 13 9 pm ET
    Jiffy Lube Live

[​IMG]
    Hershey PA
    August 14 9 pm ET
    The Hershey Park Stadium
  16. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Tim McGraw flat out kicks ass and takes names! He puts on a great show!
  17. SIRIUSaboutXM

Tim McGraw Radio SXM 816

The Tim McGraw Radio online channel ends at 11:59pm ET on Friday, April 27 and will no longer be available.

We hope you enjoyed this limited-time specialty programming. Although Tim McGraw Radio was a short-term channel, his music is still very important to SiriusXM. You can continue to listen to Tim McGraw on The Highway, SiriusXM channel 59, and Prime Country, SiriusXM channel 58.