SiriusXM to launch 7 Holiday Channels This Year

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008
With seven commercial-free channels featuring a collection of holiday music, SiriusXM offers most comprehensive lineup of holiday music channels on radio. SiriusXM’s holiday music channels will offer listeners a variety of traditional holiday songs, classical Christmas carols, country Christmas classics, contemporary holiday tunes, soul music, Hanukkah music and Latin seasonal music. **All channels begin at Noon on assigned days**
tn-holly.jpg
* * *Ch. 17*| November 12 – December 31

Available online Ch. 752

From contemporary holiday music to traditional favorites, make the Christmas party hop with songs by Justin Bieber, Mariah Carey, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Richard Marx, Gloria Estefan Colbie Caillat, Josh Groban, Michael Buble and more.

tn-holidaytraditions.jpg
* * *Ch. 4*| November 12 – December 31

Available online Ch. 751

Dream of a White Christmas with traditional holiday recordings from the ’40s through the ’60s by artists such as Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Ray Conniff, Nat “King” Cole and more.

tn-countrychristmas.jpg
* * *Ch. 58*| December 4 – December 26

Available online Ch. 754

Make spirits bright with a wide-ranging assortment of country Christmas music, including Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood, Kenny Rogers and more.

tn-holidaypops.jpg
* * *Ch. 75*| December 4 – December 26

Available online Ch. 753

Rejoice in the sounds of the season with classical Christmas carols and holiday favorites performed by the greatest classical musicians of all-time, including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Luciano Pavarotti, New York Philharmonic, Kings College Choir, Boston Pops, Thomas Hampson and more.

tn-holidaysoul.jpg
* * *Ch. 49*| December 10 – December 26

Available online Ch. 755

Santa’s got a brand new bag with classic soul and Motown holiday music from the ’60s and ’70s, including Aretha Franklin, Temptations, James Brown, Lou Rawls, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Dionne Warwick, The Jackson 5, The Four Tops, The Supremes, The O’Jays, Gladys Knight and more.

tn-RadioHanukkah.jpg
* * *Ch. 111*| November 27 – December 5

Will feature a wide variety of Hanukkah music including contemporary, traditional and children’s Hanukkah classics.

station5.png
* * *Online-only Ch. 756* | December 3 – January 7

You’ll hear contemporary Latin holiday music and traditional sounds, including Ricky Martin, Gloria Estefan, José Feliciano, Aventura, Marco Antonio Solís, Christina Aguilera and more.

SiriusXM’s commercial-free holiday music channels will be available on multiple satellite radio channels. They will also be available in the Holiday category via the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and other connected devices and online at siriusxm.com. Satellite radio channels that are pre-empted for the holiday content will be available to SiriusXM Internet Radio subscribers via smartphones and other connected devices at siriusxm.com.

Special Note: You will get a channel update very soon on your Smartphone/Tablet/Lynx to add these channels- to access these, go to the Categories tab & scroll until you see”*Holiday”

Join in on discussions about these channels here:*DRC Holiday Music Countdown

---
View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
In case you missed it- No channels will be pre-empted on Internet Radio. 40sOn4, Love, Pops, Prime Country & Soultown will not be taken over during the Holidays. SXM will release a channel update in the next few days and will add a "Holiday Neighborhood" on channels 750-756.

SiriusXM’s commercial-free holiday music channels will be available on multiple satellite radio channels. They will also be available in the Holiday category via the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and other connected devices and online at siriusxm.com. Satellite radio channels that are pre-empted for the holiday content will be available to SiriusXM Internet Radio subscribers via smartphones and other connected devices at siriusxm.com.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
station5.png
* * *Online-only Ch. 756* | December 3 – January 7

You’ll hear contemporary Latin holiday music and traditional sounds, including Ricky Martin, Gloria Estefan, José Feliciano, Aventura, Marco Antonio Solís, Christina Aguilera and more.

I was looking forward to listening to Navidad on my Edge but I guess not this season. Surprised that with all the recent moves made by SXM to increase Latino listenership, that they decided to put Navidad online only.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
I was looking forward to listening to Navidad on my Edge but I guess not this season. Surprised that with all the recent moves made by SXM to increase Latino listenership, that they decided to put Navidad online only.
Since Radio Hanukkah ends on Dec 5th this year on Ch 111, I think it's a good chance they could use that for Navidad for the rest of the Holiday season :xmas:

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Since Radio Hanukkah ends on Dec 5th this year on Ch 111, I think it's a good chance they could use that for Navidad for the rest of the Holiday season :xmas:

I think there's no chance of that. If they were gonna do it they would have included it in the announcement.
That's my point- why have Ch 111 go silent on Dec 6th? It won't affect me- I'll be listening on my Lynx/iPhone. Just trying to help DRC members who only use Satellite. If anyone would like to hear Navidad on Satellite, you should send feedback to SXM requesting they do this via:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/siriusxm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/siriusxm
Email: https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/ask
Chat: https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/a...sion/L3RpbWUvMTM4NDAxNjMyNy9zaWQvWGlOT0dXRWw=
Telephone: 1-866-528-7474 Monday – Saturday 8am to 11pm EST, Sunday 8am – 8pm EST

Note: DRC has already sent a request for this

Last edited:

puddychains

Jan 19, 2012
That was my point about them taking Metallica off 111. It wasn't about them removing Metallica but removing Metallica and not putting anything else on 111 for weeks. Why is that channel ever silent?

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
If anyone would like to hear Navidad on Satellite, you should send feedback to SXM requesting they do this via:

Thanks DRC for putting in a request. I also sent my request to listener care. I really enjoyed Navidad during Little Christmas.

While I was at it, I put in a request to bring back Party Mega Mix for New Years. Heck why not.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I already received an answer from Sirius XM Customer Care:

Thank you for contacting SiriusXM regarding Holiday Music 2013.

SiriusXM is pleased to announce our holiday programming lineup.

From November 12 through December 31, Holiday Traditions will take over 40s on 4 (channel 4 on Satellite Radio, channel 751 on Internet Radio) and Holly (both contemporary and traditional holiday favorites) will take over SiriuxXM Love (channel 17 on Satellite Radio, channel 752 on Internet Radio).

From December 3 to December 26, Holiday Pops (classical Christmas carols) will take over SiriusXM Pops (channel 75 on Satellite Radio, channel 753 on Internet Radio) while Country Christmas will take over Prime Country (channel 58 on Satellite Radio, channel 754 on Internet Radio).

Holiday Soul will replace Soul Town (channel 49 on Satellite Radio, channel 755 on Internet Radio) from December 10 through December 26. Navidad (Spanish holiday music) will air on SiriusXM Internet Radio channel 756 from December 3 through January 7. Radio Hanukkah will air on Satellite Radio channel 111 and Internet Radio channel from November 27-December 5.

Finally, New Years Nation, the ultimate New Years's soundtrack, will take over 20 on 20 (channel 3) on Satellite Radio from New Year's Even until New Year's Day.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
That's my point- why have Ch 111 go silent on Dec 6th? It won't affect me- I'll be listening on my Lynx/iPhone. Just trying to help DRC members who only use Satellite. If anyone would like to hear Navidad on Satellite, you should send feedback to SXM requesting they do this via:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/siriusxm
Twitter: https://twitter.com/siriusxm
Chat: https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/a...sion/L3RpbWUvMTM4NDAxNjMyNy9zaWQvWGlOT0dXRWw=
Telephone: 1-866-528-7474 Monday – Saturday 8am to 11pm EST, Sunday 8am – 8pm EST

111 is silent a good chunk of the time. With XM they can free bandwidth and distribute elsewhere even keeping a placeholder in the lineup.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
After the first of the year 111 will be a permanent channel. 111 is where the new business channel is going.

I just took it for granted that Navidad would be on the Xtra channels like last season. I believe I even made a post that with Navidad on, there were 31 Xtra channels on the air instead of 30 at that time. It just might not be possible this year. But that's ok, there will be plenty of other programs to listen to before and after Jan1st. And I may even look into the on line programming for next year.

Right now, I'm getting my fix of 40's on 4 since Holiday Traditions will be taking over on Tuesday. Which will be pretty sweet itself.

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
When will these channels show via online streaming?

The Halloween channel never showed for me.

I've checked with my iPhone app, and my Grace Solo radio and I don't see anything.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
When will these channels show via online streaming?

The Halloween channel never showed for me.

I've checked with my iPhone app, and my Grace Solo radio and I don't see anything.
Holiday Traditions released this statement last Friday:

We've been notified by our Operations Department, that the SiriusXM Holiday Traditions online stream and SXM App won't be launching until Thursday. We apologize for any inconvenience, and invite you to listen to channel 4 on SiriusXM Radios on Tuesday 11/12 for the start of Holiday Traditions!

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
I was driving to an appointment this morning listening to 40's on 4. When I got out of it, Holiday Traditions was on :thumbsup: and I already heard Little Drummer Boy Boogie by the Air Force Band

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
It's still too early for Holly but I've listened quite a bit to Holiday Traditions. I set my Sony car radio display color to Forest, which is a light to dark lime that fades in and out. And put my Christmas bow on the dash.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
3 new Holiday Channels launched today at Noon:

Country Christmas on Ch 58
11.12.13_sirxm_hol13_img14.gif

Make spirits bright with a wide-ranging assortment of country Christmas music, including Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood, Kenny Rogers and more.

Holiday Pops on Ch 75
11.12.13_sirxm_hol13_img13.gif

Rejoice in the sounds of the season with classical Christmas carols and holiday favorites performed by the greatest classical musicians of all-time, including the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Luciano Pavarotti, New York Philharmonic, Kings College Choir, Boston Pops, Thomas Hampson and more.

And Navidad on Ch 501
11.12.13_sirxm_hol13_img15.gif

You'll hear contemporary Latin holiday music and traditional sounds, including Ricky Martin, Gloria Estefan, José Feliciano, Aventura, Marco Antonio Solís, Christina Aguilera and more.

Escucharas música contemporánea latina y sonidos tradicionales, incluyendo Ricky Martin, Gloria Estefan José Feliciano, Aventura, Marco Antonio Solís, Christina Aguilera y más.

It was previously announced that it would be online only, but it just showed up today at Noon!

Bal2v_-CAAA7T_7.jpg:large

Last edited: