SiriusXM IPhone App Coming June 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
"God help us Jesus, oh God and Baby Jesus help us!" FINALLY!

Man, you crack me up, you goose! :p

hehehe, what is weird I agree! :egypt:

Lets hope Apple actually does release it on that date. Slacker has fits getting their updates through the process. Right now they have an update pending for the 3.0 OS and thus far it is still pending. Basically the Slacker app turns to crap under 3.0 OS. :(

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Wait, I have to pay $3 bucks extra a month?!? I'm really rethinking this now... I'm a subscriber gosh darn it! I shouldn't have to pay extra! :mad:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I am already paying that for the better sound quality. I am not sure if you don't pay the $2.99 you can get the 32k anymore. I think they should drop it down to 16k and just give it to everyone! Nah... pay the $2.99 or don't, but these folks can't keep giving away the store and stay in business.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Wait, I have to pay $3 bucks extra a month?!? I'm really rethinking this now... I'm a subscriber gosh darn it! I shouldn't have to pay extra! :mad:

I am already paying that for the better sound quality. I am not sure if you don't pay the $2.99 you can get the 32k anymore. I think they should drop it down to 16k and just give it to everyone! Nah... pay the $2.99 or don't, but these folks can't keep giving away the store and stay in business.

I am not surprised they are tying the iPhone app to the premium internet stream. They aren't going to get any revenue for an iPhone app on a free stream.

Reactions: TSS Taylor

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
Until news comes from S/XM, I'm not getting excited. CSR's are notorious for being out of the loop. Why would they be AHEAD of the PR this time??

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I am not surprised they are tying the iPhone app to the premium internet stream. They aren't going to get any revenue for an iPhone app on a free stream.

I guess us lifetimers are screwed. I have the free 32k because of my lifetime status. I listen at work and sometimes at home and to be honest the 32k sounds ok to me. I don't need better quality at work. I just basically listen to Stern and the 32k works for me. I understand they can't give stuff away,but come on. Does that mean when and if a new stilleto comes out we will have to pay premium to use the wifi feature?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I guess us lifetimers are screwed. I have the free 32k because of my lifetime status. I listen at work and sometimes at home and to be honest the 32k sounds ok to me. I don't need better quality at work. I just basically listen to Stern and the 32k works for me. I understand they can't give stuff away,but come on. Does that mean when and if a new stilleto comes out we will have to pay premium to use the wifi feature?

What I would like is them to throw in premium internet with the lifetime sub (perhaps at a small one time charge?) and then this won't be an issue. Of course, what I like is not what Sirius XM is offering. Obviously they are trying to sell internet subs through the iPhone app.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
What I would like is them to throw in premium internet with the lifetime sub (perhaps at a small one time charge?) and then this won't be an issue. Of course, what I like is not what Sirius XM is offering. Obviously they are trying to sell internet subs through the iPhone app.

I would pay a small one time fee. Just like I paid an extra $100 when I got my new XM radio with BOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.