SiriusXM Combines Billing!!!

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by TSS Taylor, Jan 22, 2013.

1. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

THAT DAY HAS COME!!

Details to follow

2. Similar Threads: SiriusXM Combines
    Forum Title Date
    SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe Liberty Media says SiriusXM offer is 'no longer applicable' Mar 14, 2014
    SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe SiriusXM posts updated PDF channel directories (And they are still not correct) Jan 16, 2014
    SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe SiriusXM for $5.99 a month! Oct 18, 2013
    SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe SiriusXM Reports1Q 2013 Results May 1, 2013
    SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe SiriusXM Names new Chairman of the Board Apr 10, 2013

3. wickerbill

wickerbill Member

What a tease. Let us know more when you can.
  4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Can't help but think they will find a way to screw this up.
  5. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

I should know more tomorrow but I think even Lifetimes can be transferred.
  6. Fergz99

Fergz99 New Member

I'm hoping that Liberty has something to do with this. Having new people in charge is a real good idea at XM.

Mel is gone and I hope the powers at be have a nice long talk with Scott Greenstein I think he is pretty clueless when it comes to radio
  7. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

They legitimately have been working on this for years. As I understand it was a massive task.
  8. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

That would be cool as I need to go from SL2 --> Lynx eventually. I figured it was possible or going to be since SXM_Help was able to help a couple people do it. They needed to make it easier for people to move to the XM side if they want to have that their platform of the future.
  9. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought it was actually possible, but you had to go through the "right" channels.

Hopefully this means the clueless "reps" in the Philippines can actually do it with 100% ease.
  10. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

was just gonna post this..I just read on another forum. apparently this guy works for siriusxm. this is what he posted in a topic about sirius lifetimers :

"Lifetime internet does NOT exist, it hasn't for years. It was a special promotion that was going on for a limited time for those who purchased lifetimes. When you switch from Sirius to XM, or SiriusXM (Because the radio ID is an XM one), or vise versa, you lose that free internet radio because they cancel out one radio that's on the opposite platform, to the new one. If you people are wanting to switch from one platform to the other, i would suggest you WAIT! We're getting a refresher on the coss platform swaps, where I'm most certain, if you're trying to do what you just did, you wouldn't lose you free internet. They're currently debugging the system we use to allow such swaps to different platforms, even have Sirius, XM, & SiriusXM radios all on the same account!

My suggestion, if you have free internet with your lifetime, WAIT"

"The merge between Sirius & XM accounts is happening 1/20/13, TOMORROW. If only you have have waited a tiny bit longer, you could have kept it. We got word a few weeks ago & even before that, but it was pushed back, but it is supposed to for sure happen this tomorrow on 1/20/13."

"Systems have been updated since 1/20/13, & the merge was successful. The computers were lagging & kept freezing yesterday. It is expected since it's a huge update throughout the entire system, I had to reboot my computer twice, some more than others. It was a mess yesterday, but the merging of your accounts is attainable, just be expecting to wait a few extra minutes for the lagging system."
  11. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

And, the official post he made about it, detailing what it means:
  12. HecticArt

HecticArt Moderator / Top Dawg

This is great news! All of the people that have been asking, we'll finally be able to tell them something they want to hear. SXM_Help has been. . . . well. . . .helpful, to those that were motivated enough to find them through the DRC, but that didn't help all of the others that don't know about us.
  13. semipenguin

semipenguin A Member of One

I called siriusxm about a year ago & they knew I had one Sirius Lifetime Sub & one XM lifetime sub.

I wonder if I had qualified for lifetime internet radio? My Sirius lifetime was paid for back in 2005 :confused:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk :)
  14. TOM C.

TOM C. New Member

Will this mean that the "best of" stations will now just be folded into sirius/xm all in one? With Sirius/XM-help from here helping me with my SL2 and wifes XM car I think I pay less than with a multi radio account. I might save a few bucks if I don't need "best of XM" next time.
  15. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Moderator

Merging two companies is tough--merging computer systems is only one part of the problem.
  16. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Almost sounds too good to be true about maintaining the grandfathered free 32k internet feed when transferring a lifetime. In my case since (knock on wood) my SL2 from Jan 10' is purring along I'll ride things out to the end and make a decision then.

It's a great opportunity for lifetimers wanting to go 2.0 to raise Lynx and Edge sales numbers, enjoy touch screens and get real time support for their receivers.
  17. Fergz99

Fergz99 New Member

3+ years to combine billing seems like a very long time, and it seemed like the delay was better for them then it was us. That said i'm happy its been corrected and is now combined.
  18. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

So, in theory, if you have a lifetime Sirius or XM with the lifetime internet, you could add a discount radio from any platform as a second radio. When that first radio dies, just keep it active. It's already lifetime, so you wouldn't pay anything and SiriusXM (company) wouldn't be able to tell the difference?
  19. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

In theory, yes. If you didnt want to swap to a new receiver on lifetime. I think its crazy they'd let lifetimers add a second radio at a discount for that reason alone.
  20. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

If you have a lifetime and want to add a second receiver it should be at the 9.99+ royalty fee. One company, one billing department, one account per person/family. IMO subscription sales mean more than the generated revenue. More subs equals more interest, a higher stock price and more listeners to interest channels that have advertisers.
  21. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Well, Well who ever thought we'd see the day! LOL