SiriusXM Buyers Guide

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Were you in Demo mode?- I picked one up yesterday and the Album Art remains on throughout the song.
I did notice that sometimes the album art does not appear with some popular songs- they just may need to be loaded into the system eventually, or it's not available as the full manual on line states "When available"

BB had The Edge on clearance for $118 - with less features than the Onyx Plus for $99 so as Taylor mentioned previous Edge/Lynx radios are going away.

I hope that on 10/18 when CC finally goes away- they take the 2.0 latino channels to 1.0 and then have the BW to move some of the new internet only's (Beautiful music, 90's-2k dance, etc to 2.0 radio's)- So you can hear all over not just internet- :)

Sirius XM CEO 'Committed to Keeping' Howard Stern, NFL Content - The Hollywood Reporter

It wasn't in demo mode but I didn't spend much time with it. You are probably the first one in our group to get it. I should have picked one up when they were selling for $69 but I'll stick with my Edge. I'd also like it if that Beautiful Music channel becomes available on the radios. But I'd also like to see the Village returning to the radios. That Mary Sue Twohy show on Sunday mornings is really good but it would be better if it was available all the time.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
This radio sounds like a nice compromise to the Lynx as far as its satellite features go. I like having album art and the tunemix was something I was into on the lynx. Sadly, I don't own any actual radios anymore, except my trusty SL2 (although it is currently across the bay at a friends house...I wasnt able to locate it when I was there last, but I sure hope its there still..somewhere) but this looks like something I'd get if I had the money to spend on a new radio. I still want to try to get a lynx again, regretting selling mine.

Heads up for anyone looking to get one of these - I just saw that Best Buy has them on sale for $79.99 through the end of the day. Just grabbed one myself after testing it out in-store a few weeks ago. Looks like the best plug and play radio they have released yet.

Last edited:

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Heads up for anyone looking to get one of these - I just saw that Best Buy has them on sale for $79.99 through the end of the day. Just grabbed one myself after testing it out in-store a few weeks ago. Looks like the best plug and play radio they have released yet.

Agree :agree:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
BANNER.png

Tips for Listeners, Rebates & Special Offers!

Part of being your full service destination for everything satellite radio, whether at home, at work, in the car or on the go, is providing superior support after the purchase. We have recently received more inquiries about improving the audio quality of SiriusXM radios and in this newsletter you'll learn our best suggestions for making satellite radio sound like the high fidelity digital signal you should expect.

SiriusXM has recently announced that they are offering a $50 rebate on nearly all radios for new customers or a new additional subscription. This is a great time to give the gift of news, talk radio, music of every genre and sports entertainment. Remember, if you are unsure about the offers and need help, we staff our phones in Chicago from 10am to 6pm Monday through Friday at 312-846-6606. Anyone who answers the phone can help you.

Below you'll find some of our discounts for the month, plus more about our newest exclusive product, the Powered Mount with USB Ports. Satellite Radio Audio Quality Tips, Rebate News & Special Offers

Finally, we're happy to announce a photo contest for our Motorcycle Kit. Send your best install picture to sales@tss-radio.com for a chance to win $100.

In a sea of big box stores and discount retailers, you've chosen our customer service and expertise time and time again, and we really appreciate your continued support.

As always, call us at 312-846-6606 or email with any questions - we are here to help you!

You can also use Twitter to get support or ask questions about products!

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Got the usual bait and hook e-mail from SXM. The Edge is on clearance for 9.99 provided you buy a 6 month sub at retail price. Since TSS is showing it's currently out of stock I thought it would be post worthy in this thread. The Starmate 5 ans Snap are the same price with similar conditions.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Got an SXM e-mail for a "free" Stratus 7 if I purchase a six month sub which is half what they use to require. The ETF is 50 bucks (radio retails for 79.99. Not sure what the interest level is in a plug and play for an older vehicle or boombox.

Reactions: semipenguin

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Taylor I see that you have featured on your main page that the TTR2 is coming soon, I am already on the wait list, but being that it's listed on the front page does that mean its coming real soon?- I just sold my Squeezebox because they will not longer support SiriusXM's app upgrades I would love to get this radio as it's SiriusXM only and will have all the functionality that the internet stream app has.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I forget what it's called, but the device where you could plug your iOS device into it and get service into your car... I'm surprised they never did an Android version.

Then again, this company shouldn't surprise me with stuff like that. They promote a new product and less than a year later, it's on clearance.