Siriusly Sinatra (XM73)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I was surprised not to see a thread for Siriusly Sinatra in this forum. :confused:

I have to admit that I hardly listened to this channel in the past. I was working the over night shift last evening and had some crazy issues happen. I needed some relaxing music but not enough to put me to sleep. I tuned to this channel and really enjoyed it. I even added Dean Martin to my TUNESELECT. :cool:

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelguide.xmc?ch=73

Reactions: HecticArt

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I was surprised not to see a thread for Siriusly Sinatra in this forum. :confused:

Who says it wasn't going to be on WTD next week?...:rolleyes:

I don't know about you, but if people create threads of specific music channels, then there would be no need for WTD...:worried:

We still have a lot to do on WTD, and I would be surprised of we don't get to this channel sooner than later...:)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I don't know about you, but if people create threads of specific music channels, then there would be no need for WTD...:worried:

I guess I was hyped up over my new channel discovery.
:buttrock:

The channel is now playing Willie Nelson - STORMY WEATHER.

VERY COOL! :ter:

bcushman

May 26, 2009
For me, Jonathan Schwartz is worth the money for XM. I know there has been criticism regarding the amount of "chatter" but his knowledge of American music is worth listening to.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
For me, Jonathan Schwartz is worth the money for XM. I know there has been criticism regarding the amount of "chatter" but his knowledge of American music is worth listening to.

I think it is good to have a DJ in this channel format because of the history most of the music has.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

I have to admit that I hardly listened to this channel in the past. I was working the over night shift last evening and had some crazy issues happen. I needed some relaxing music but not enough to put me to sleep. I tuned to this channel and really enjoyed it. I even added Dean Martin to my TUNESELECT. :cool:

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelguide.xmc?ch=73

I am having a crazy night at work tonight and this channel is my cure again.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Jonathan Schwartz alone is worth the subscription. His encyclopedic knowledge of the music is impressive (and not just standards...he's quite proficient in rock as well). He plays a lot of stuff from his personal collection.

Some people don't like what may be considered his elitist or stuffy delivery. But I like his style, and appreciate the fact that he just does not make idle chatter, read a liner card and fire off the next song. There are very few of his type left.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
On Monday 10/12/09:

6:00 PM–7:00 PM
Siriusly Sinatra
XM 73

Playing Favorites with Tim Hauser of Manhattan Transfer
Tim Hauser is a founding member of the vocal group Manhattan Transfer. As his group celebrates 35 years together, Tim stopped in to offer accolades to Frank and play us some of the music by the Chairman and some other fine artists that he loves best.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Christmas Night

Nancy For Frank Christmas Special
Tonight 9:00 pm ET
Siriusly Sinatra | SIRIUS 75; XM 73

Nancy has put together a collection of Christmas recordings by Frank and some of her other favorites artists, past and present. It’s packed with over three hours of great music that will add to your holiday mood beautifully. (2 hrs)

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
I just recently discovered this channel and now I'm addicted. I avoided it before because I figured it was just nonstop Sinatra, but it's so much more (and Sinatra ain't so bad either as it turns out :cool: ). It's my favorite now to put on during dinnertime. Or if I'm just feeling melancholy.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I just recently discovered this channel and now I'm addicted. I avoided it before because I figured it was just nonstop Sinatra, but it's so much more (and Sinatra ain't so bad either as it turns out :cool: ). It's my favorite now to put on during dinnertime. Or if I'm just feeling melancholy.

EXACTLY ! :bigthumbup:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Happy New Year

New Year’s Eve Celebration with Siriusly Sinatra
Thurs 12/31
Catch segments of these classic Frank Sinatra performances all New Year's Eve day.

10 am ET New Year’s Eve Celebration with Siriusly Sinatra: Seattle ‘57

11 am ET New Year’s Eve Celebration with Siriusly Sinatra: Vegas ‘61

4 pm ET New Year’s Eve Celebration with Siriusly Sinatra: New York ‘74

5 pm ET New Year’s Eve Celebration with Siriusly Sinatra: Paris ‘62 (2 hrs)

The Chairman’s Hour with Steve Wynn
Thurs 12/31 6:00 pm ET
Listen for a rebroadcast of the Birthday edition of The Chairman’s Hour with special guest Steve Wynn. It’s a two-hour special heard earlier this month that we want to give everyone a chance to hear again. (2 hrs)

Nov 19, 2009
Ky

One of my Fav's since joining. I have always been a big fan of the whole rat pack era and really like Frank and Dino, but to be honest those two were all I had really heard from that era, but now with this channel I get to experience some great music. ;)

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
You guys got me wanting to listen to this one again... kind of gave up on it once it switched over from "Standard Time". Will try and give it another chance! :bigthumbup:

Nov 19, 2009
Ky
You guys got me wanting to listen to this one again... kind of gave up on it once it switched over from "Standard Time". Will try and give it another chance! :bigthumbup:

Give it a shot i really like some of the old radio broadcast, they had some great music on those.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I like their Playing Favorites segments on Mondays.

Playing Favorites with Carly Simon
Mon 1/11 6:00 pm ET
Carly is no stranger to the standards. She grew up loving the great arrangements on records by Frank and others of the era, and went on to record a few albums of her own interpretations of these timeless songs. We are thrilled to have Carly kick off 2010 as our first guest of the new year, playing some of her favorites. (1 hr)
Rebroadcast: Thurs 1/14 9:00 am ET; Sat 1/16 3:00 pm ET

Playing Favorites with Lorrie Morgan
Mon 1/18 6:00 pm ET
Lorrie was one of our very first guest hosts on Playing Favorites when we launched the show two years ago. Now, with a new CD in stores and a Broadway role on the way, Lorrie is back to play more Frank songs and a little of herself, too. She was one of the fortunate few to do a duet with Frank on record.
Rebroadcast: Thurs 1/21 9:00 am ET; Sat 1/23 3:00 pm ET

http://www.xmradio.com/servlet/Cont...annelProgramList&chid=1104779639979&c=Channel