Sirius XM Stars Too’s “Covino & Rich Show†To Celebrate 5 Year Anniversary

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008
Week-long “Best of†Special To Air November 2-6

Its five year mission – to explore strange, new nussies, to seek out new life experiences and new sexual situations, to boldly go where no dudebro has gone before!

They may not be as well known as the characters in Gene Roddenberry’s Star Trek, but “Captain” Covino, “Doctor” Davis, and “Chief Engineer” Spotty are ready to reflect on their first five years of broadcasting from “The Final Radio Frontier†all next week from 12 – 3 PM ET (replayed at 6 – 9 PM ET) on Sirius/XM Stars Too Sirius 108 / XM 139.

From its humble beginnings on Maxim Radio Sirius 145, “The Covino & Rich Show†has become one of the most listened to shows in Sirius/XM’s entertainment lineup. In fact, “The Show†(as referred to by the hosts) is one of the longest running home grown shows on Sirius/XM. Steve Covino of Union, NJ, now 33 years old, was about to hang up his dreams of a radio career to be a fireman. Rich Davis, 30, had been working with a New York terrestrial radio station and was looking to advance his career. They both came to Sirius looking to do a new radio show for guys. After a few test sessions at Sirius with different co-hosts, Covino & Rich were finally paired together – and the results were extraordinary.

Over the past five years, The Covino & Rich Show has seen the hosts in and out of relationships, changes in producers, drunken live broadcasts from Spring Break and Super Bowl parties, and even bouts with erectile dysfunction! Add in some interviews with well-known musicains, comedians, actors, athletes, and, of course, beautiful women, and you have a show created for men, by men. The Covino & Rich Show deals with the stuff that guys talk about – women, sex, sports, television, movies, music, gadgets, and more.

Every weekday during the next week, Covino & Rich will guide listeners through a different year of the show’s history. The shows will highlight the funniest and most revealing clips from interviews with celebrities, classic arguments among the hosts, reflection on the show from past interns, guests, and in-show talent, popular music that was once heard on Maxim Radio, special messages and comments from the “dudebros” who listen to the show, and Covino & Rich’s own music parodies with their band “Ticklesack.”

If you’ve recently started listening to The Covino & Rich Show, or if you’ve never heard the show before, next week is your chance to catch up and do some reminiscing (like The Little River Band) with Covino & Rich as they look back on five years of “rompous radio!”

For more info on the show, log onto covinoandrich.com.

Story by Greg Mercer.

---
View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I'm really excited to hear this next week because I missed most of year 3 and 4.

I think they do a really fun show and will enjoy hearing some of the last 5 years.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
So far this special is really really good and interesting to hear how it all began. If you like Satellite Radio and the history of it tune in.

Agreed. judging by the highlihgts, I'm guessing that I got into this show towards the middle/end of the first year.

It is a good special because the bits do not last too long at all. A lot of "recap" shows tend to have bits that go on for too long.

I'm liking this and will listen tomorrow.

I really hope these guys stick around on Sirius and continue to do well. They need to be promoted more.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Agreed. judging by the highlihgts, I'm guessing that I got into this show towards the middle/end of the first year.

It is a good special because the bits do not last too long at all. A lot of "recap" shows tend to have bits that go on for too long.

I'm liking this and will listen tomorrow.

I really hope these guys stick around on Sirius and continue to do well. They need to be promoted more.

In hindsight I thought I was tuning into them as if they had been on for a while and had a huge audience. But you and I were early to the game. Kenny DoGooder, the First Maxim Hot 100. I had no idea Jim McClure was their boss. And they tested it out with Madison and Covino before it was Covino and Rich.

Such great Satellite Radio history.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Is this a non XL show? I am moving to day shift and will need to clean up my listening at work. :roflmao:
Although, I do see myself listening to Dave Ramsey in the noon to 3 slot.
Mad Dog Radio in the morning.

I guess it will be O & A on the ride in, Afternoon Advice (Playboy Channel) on the commute home and ELLIS from 6pm to 7pm. The O & A replay off and on through the rest of the evening.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Is this a non XL show? I am moving to day shift and will need to clean up my listening at work. :roflmao:
Although, I do see myself listening to Dave Ramsey in the noon to 3 slot.
Mad Dog Radio in the morning.

I guess it will be O & A on the ride in, Afternoon Advice (Playboy Channel) on the commute home and ELLIS from 6pm to 7pm. The O & A replay off and on through the rest of the evening.

They do swear some but nothing crazy at all. It is very sporadic.

You would be safe to listen at work or try them out on your way home.

mercerboy

Nov 10, 2008
New Castle, PA
www.myspace.com
I am liking the special so far as well! It's great to hear stuff that I wasn't around for (started listening about 3 3/4 years ago).

goreds, I'd say it depends on who you work with. There are women that I work with that didn't appreciate hearing the show at all...I mean, after all, it's a guy show. Some of the things they say don't go over well with the typical mom with small kids who listens to the news at night and gets scared about the swine flu. :confused:

If you have to, I'd say to catch the last two hours of the replay from 7-9 after Ellis.

Hopefully you guys enjoyed my article; I tried my best to quickly let you know what the show was about if you haven't heard it before.