Sirius XM Sets Inaugural Coverage On 17 Channels

dlnester

Oct 15, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
From AllAccess.com:

Sirius XM Sets Inaugural Coverage On 17 Channels
SIRIUS XM RADIO will offer coverage of BARACK OBAMA's inauguration on 17 of its channels JANUARY 20, including unfiltered and uninterrupted coverage on the P.O.T.U.S. channel.

The OPRAH AND FRIENDS XM channel will carry coverage on GAYLE KING's and Dr. MAYA ANGELOU's shows; JAMIE FOXX will be part of his FOXXHOLE channel's coverage; XM's THE POWER will include coverage on JOE MADISON, Rev. AL SHARPTON, and ARMSTRONG WILLIAMS' shows; SIRIUS LEFT's ALEX BENNETT and MARK THOMPSON will broadcast extended versions of their shows; and additional coverage will air on OUTQ, AMERICA LEFT, AMERICA RIGHT, SIRIUS PATRIOT, FOX NEWS TALK, NPR NOW, CNN, FOX NEWS NETWORK, CNN EN ESPANOL, CNN HEADLINE NEWS, and SIRIUS and XM WASHINGTON traffic and weather channels.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Isn't one channel enough?

Seriously, the news and talk channels have it covered ad nauseum. Why dedicate additional channels like the traffic and weather channels?

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
funny, I dont remember 17 channels dedicated to george w bush.......
There are probably a lot of differences between the amount of attention George W Bush and Obama got. If more people show up for Obamas inauguration it might signify there being more attention for it. Which is probably more ratings for the TV channels that carry it and whatnot. It's not necessarily a political thing. Just Obama is getting more attention. Was Washington DC booked up all with rooms extending to West Virginia with George W Bush? I don't know, but I guess I didn't hear that the town was all booked up. Maybe someone is hiding the truth or maybe there is more media and public attention for Obama. Plus it's far more interesting to have a NEW president take office than a current president be re-elected.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Isn't one channel enough?

Seriously, the news and talk channels have it covered ad nauseum. Why dedicate additional channels like the traffic and weather channels?
Agreed. I'll be listening via POTUS...:)

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
I'll watch the live inauguration on the TV, and catch the before and after coverage on POTUS.
That's what I thought that it would be on P.O.T.U.S. and that would be enough but like you and millions of other people I'll be watching it on TV.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Bush wasn't black and Oprah didn't like him huge difference. Quite frankly I will watch a little of this, but 18 channels? Also Obama I guess is now a rock star he has as many channels covering this as Sirius does rock in general.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
Well, some of the channels, like CNN, Fox News, etc are kind of automatic. But they forgot WLW on XM 173, and I bet the BBC will be doing something.

maxoct97

Nov 7, 2008
OC, California
and don't forget the dedicated barack obama channel, taking the place of The Bridge for the next 4 months. Replaying every stump speech complete with interviews of the aides that bring him coffee.

give it time...