Sirius/XM on Wunderradio

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
My iPod Touch just got an update for Wunderradio from the App Store.

Guess what? You can now stream Sirius and XM through Wunderradio. I tried it with both the regular (32k) and premium (128k) streams and it worked great. When you select the channel you want, it launches a web browser page with teh Sirius streaming login prompt. You have to type in your streaming username and password (along with the captcha on the Sirius login page), but then the stream plays through the Wunderradio player.

It's great!! No more waiting for the app from Sirius/XM. Plus, you can use the low bitrate stream if you have not upgraded to premium streams.

Wunderradio is a paid app, but it's worth the few bucks IMHO.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
My iPod Touch just got an update for Wunderradio from the App Store.

Guess what? You can now stream Sirius and XM through Wunderradio. I tried it with both the regular (32k) and premium (128k) streams and it worked great. When you select the channel you want, it launches a web browser page with teh Sirius streaming login prompt. You have to type in your streaming username and password (along with the captcha on the Sirius login page), but then the stream plays through the Wunderradio player.

It's great!! No more waiting for the app from Sirius/XM. Plus, you can use the low bitrate stream if you have not upgraded to premium streams.

Wunderradio is a paid app, but it's worth the few bucks IMHO.

Wunderradio is $9.99 in the App store, but worth every penny. My favorite Non-Slacker radio app. Hell, it may even be above slacker.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Care to post the two best and worst aspects of using Wunderradio? Right now the minimal features on the Sirius app meet my occasional internet radio listening needs.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
If you have access to them, you can get Sirius and XM online through the app, plus it has a bunch more. It's similar to PocketTunes in that they are both $9.99, and both carry other streams from other sources. To my knowledge though, (I haven't really played around with it) Pockettunes doesn't have Scanner Frequencies where Wunderradio does. If you're a scanner radio geek like I am, that's a nice plus. The interface for Wunderradio is nice also. Since I'm not a subscriber to either service anymore I haven't had to try it on the app, and don't want to give my e-mail address out to them so I don't get e-mails begging me to come back.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I did play around with Sirius wunderradio today, nothing particularly special. It does go through the web stream, but it plays through the actual interface. No pad data, it just says no title, so if you don't know the song you're out of luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Best things about Wunderradio are the weather radio streams and the nice interface. There is a lot of content to choose from. I also like that you can listen to the lower bit rate stream of Sirius. I have a feeling that won't be the case with the Sirius app. The Sirius app will probably be restricted to the premium streaming.

It would be better if it was free, but a few bucks isn't a big deal.