Sirius XM Music Channels Tournament

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Music lovers, this is for you...

With the NCAA basketball tournament starting tomorrow, we here at DRC are starting a different kind of tournament... a single elimination bracket tournament involving 64 Sirius XM music channels.

Please check out the link to see what I mean.
Sirius XM Music Channels tournament

I hope that if we get enough people to join in and vote for their favorite channels to advance, we will have another non-scientific, but fun way of judging channel popularity.

:)

Reactions: semipenguin

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Here are the instructions you'll need for completing your bracket.

1. Click on this link. Sirius XM Music Channels tournament
2. Click on Login/Register.
3. Click on New User? Register Here.
4. Fill out your name and email. The other information is not required. For your name, please use your DRC screen name. This is the only information that will be made visible to the rest of us. Your email address will remain hidden. And trust me, the website will not use your email in any way, it's simply needed for their verification purposes.
5. Check your email, then use the password to login and go back to the link provided.
6. Click on Championship Bracket. Click on Predict It.
7. Select the music channels you want to see to advance in the tournament. Simply pick your favorites to advance. At the end of each round, click Enter.
Once you've completed all 6 rounds, feel free to click on the leaderboard, and see what others have selected.

As a music channel moves forward through the bracket, it wins points. 1 point for a first round victory, 2 points for a second round victory, then 4, 8, 16, then 32 points for winning the Championship.

We will collect brackets between now and Friday, April 3. We will tabulate the results and announce the winning channel (and runner-ups) on Monday, April 6!

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I love this idea , I might do a slacker one , but I may do something along the lines of a drc spotlight station of the week voted on by the great people of drc.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I love this idea , I might do a slacker one , but I may do something along the lines of a drc spotlight station of the week voted on by the great people of drc.

Hopefully people will participate in this one. It's not as complicated as I've probably appeared to make it seem. It took me longer to describe than for someone to actually join and fill out a bracket.

p.s. If anyone has any technical issues with this, feel free to send me a PM.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Lithium won the whole thing.

It was a channel that Sirius was desperately missing.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
How dare you make ClassicRewind duke it out with The Bridge before the final round! :)

The Bridge won. It would have been cool if it could have beaten E-Street Radio but E-Street didn't last beyond opening round for some reason. :)

Neet idea.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Very cool. How did you determine the seeding?

The selection committee (me) made its decisions based on 4+ years of subscribing to the service and 3+ years of visiting SBS and DRC. I took into account 1. the popularity of the channels in past editions of WTD, 2. the amount of threads people seem to start around here discussing the various channels (the only time you ever seem to see a liquid metal thread is when Metallica took it over), and 3. those channel ratings from over a year ago.

I definitely undervalued Liquid Metal though. :eek:

If this is a big success (and we are off to a good start), we can do this again one day, with new seeds. I'll seek more opinions. :)

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
you saw plenty of liquid metal threads when it was still XM and there were lots of 'when's liquid metal coming back' type threads. But that was a long time ago.