Sirius-xm music and some talk censored! Fight back!

Snick422

Nov 16, 2008
Sirius-XM Radio, a pay service, is now censoring their music channels as well as some talk.

Here is proof that they are doing so,
SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Sirius Satellite Radio Channel Guide, Sirius Radio Channel Guide, Sirius Radio Station Guide

To complain, call

888-635-5142 - Sirius Customer Service

888-927-74653 - (Call Monday starting at 5:40 am EST)(The number for the Howard Stern Show)

212-584-5100 - Sirius Employee Directory. Use it to get in contact with Karmazin, Mel and Greensteen, Scott.

Help spread the word, Howard could be censored next.

List of sites to spead the word to:

XMFan
Wackbag
Orbitcast
DigitalRadioForums

If anyone has more post them please. Don't let them get away with this, we pay for this and they are ripping us off.

Fight for your right to uncensored radio!

Also, any Opie and Anthony/Bubba/Ferrall/Jay Thomas/Covino and Rich/other talk fans that want to contribute with the show phone numbers, I encourage you to do so and I will add them to this first post.

macfanatic010

Nov 8, 2008
Sorry, but I don't catch your drift.

Both Sirius and XM have had "family friendly" channels since day 1. They weren't marketed as family friendly but it was known that certain stations would air only the clean version of songs so that those stations can be used as demo channels in stores. The only difference is now, it's explicitly stated that these channels don't contain offensive language.

Note in your linked channel lineup that certain stations are missing: Faction, Shade 45, Howard, Sirius Stars, the explicit comedy channels like Foxxhole, among others. Those were always your stations that contained offensive language prior to the synergy of the XM and Sirius lineups and they still are the channels with explicit language.

ShogunOfHarlem

Nov 17, 2008
I noticed Octane censored Stand by Candlebox. I heard it a few days ago and it wasn't censored then. I'm not too concerned as I've heard plenty of other uncensored stuff since the merging of the programming, but for me personally, it's really annoying.

I sent Sirius XM an e-mail about it. So, who knows? :)

WACF

Oct 28, 2008
Canadian Prairies
I noticed Octane censored Stand by Candlebox. I heard it a few days ago and it wasn't censored then. I'm not too concerned as I've heard plenty of other uncensored stuff since the merging of the programming, but for me personally, it's really annoying.

I sent Sirius XM an e-mail about it. So, who knows? :)

In the past I have noticed Squizz may have a censored and uncensored version of the same song in the system...I never really make anything of it.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I think it's a mixup of censored songs in the system. It's never consistent. I hear 95% uncensored stuff since the merger, I think they are just re-organzing things, I still hear primiarily the uncensored versions.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH it's to beef up their offerings in the "family friendly" selection.

This is bullshit. Fuck the family friendly! What the hell is going on here??????