Sirius XM iPhone App Now Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Not compatible with original 1st Gen iPod Touch and I am not sure, but can't help but wonder if it isn't compatible with the original iPhone as well.

What a bunch of ass clowns! These Sirius folks are totally devoid of any kind of common sense whatsoever. All those 1st gen iPods out there and you build an application that won't work them. Way to go Sirius XM. Pandora, Last FM, Yahoo, AOL/CBS, Slacker all know how to make applications compatible with the 1gen iPods, but not the morons at Sirius XM.

petteri

Oct 12, 2008
Not compatible with original 1st Gen iPod Touch and I am not sure, but can't help but wonder if it isn't compatible with the original iPhone as well.

What a bunch of ass clowns! These Sirius folks are totally devoid of any kind of common sense whatsoever. All those 1st gen iPods out there and you build an application that won't work them. Way to go Sirius XM. Pandora, Last FM, Yahoo, AOL/CBS, Slacker all know how to make applications compatible with the 1gen iPods, but not the morons at Sirius XM.

What are you talking about??! :confused: 1st gen iPod? Do you really mean this:

Anyway, on my iPhone 3G, the app is working well. I've just sampled a few stations so far. It says that it will run on either 3G or WiFi connections. Better late than never!!

Last edited:

stellar115

Oct 23, 2008
Yep, Works with 1st gen ipod touch. You have to download the app to your computer first and then sync with your ipod touch. I originally tried to download the app directly from the ipod touch. The message I received was that application was not compatible.

Superman07

Oct 27, 2008

Anyway, on my iPhone 3G, the app is working well. I've just sampled a few stations so far. It says that it will run on either 3G or WiFi connections. Better late than never!!

Wait, so Edge isn't supported?

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
Yep, Works with 1st gen ipod touch. You have to download the app to your computer first and then sync with your ipod touch. I originally tried to download the app directly from the ipod touch. The message I received was that application was not compatible.
I believe Apple/SIRIUS XM fixed a problem with the downloads on the iPod app store. It's downloadable now directly on 1stGen iPod Touches.

Hatuxka

Dec 1, 2008
They left out the Howard channels? Unbelievable, especially since he himself had been extolling a Sirius iPhone app!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I've not had any buffering or drop outs as of yet. I've been listening to The Bridge.

I know one thing this app isn't nearly as nice as the one that was created by Goodtime and declined by Apple. This one has no album artwork and the text was so tiny you needed a magnifying class to see it.

All that wasted space for a freaking channel logo! What morons!

The text is so small you can barely see it and even though they made the text so small, the also included another channel graphic to the left of the text so most of the song info runs beyond the number of characters available.

Why not put the pad data to the top of that huge logo in large letters which would have been easy to see. Once again you can tell the caliber of the R&D people working within SIRIUS.

When you have a 3rd party app that outshines what they have to offer that is pretty sad. If they would have had any sense at all, they would have allowed Goodtime to sell their app and take a cut of the proceeds. Instead they give us this!

It will do the job, but how poorly it does it!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

You can't install applications on the old original iPod, so clearly I am referring to the iPod Touch, which is what I said.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I have sirius for two things. NASCAR and Stern. Obviously NASCAR won't be avaliable on it and now no Stern? This sucks.
It probably has something to do with Stern being 'X' rated. Jackie the joke man had to change his app to remove swearing. So this is probably Apple's fault.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I have sirius for two things. NASCAR and Stern. Obviously NASCAR won't be avaliable on it and now no Stern? This sucks.
It probably has something to do with Stern being 'X' rated. Jackie the joke man had to change his app to remove swearing. So this is probably Apple's fault.

The Playboy Channel is available and that's x-rated.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
If it were an Apple issue with explicit language, the virus or playboy radio wouldn't be available. This 100 percent a Howard problem. If only his relevancy matched his ego.
Posted via Mobile Device

IndianBird

Dec 17, 2008
i like it

i enjoy listening to home plate at work now and dont need a dock and all the accesories

and so far, it's very easy on the battery

not bad for a first run at it

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
If it were an Apple issue with explicit language, the virus or playboy radio wouldn't be available. This 100 percent a Howard problem. If only his relevancy matched his ego.
Posted via Mobile Device

And this is a fact? Sirius has been known to not make the best decisions all by themselves in the past. Does anyone have a statement from any of the parties involved stating why it's not included? I do have to say that I was tempted to upgrade, but I certainly won't if upgrading means that my mobile device doesn't get access to every channel I get now with the Standard Stream package.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I personally couldn't give a rat's ass about Howard Stern or any of his minions. But there are those that are butthurt about not including him on the app when he's supposedly the biggest draw. Of course, Sirius management could fuck up a two-car parade so this isn't surprising at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.