Sirius tuner widget no longer working

varunaX

Apr 26, 2009
Hey im just wondering if anyone using the Sirius tuner yahoo widget still has theirs working lately? ive been using it for years untill on the 24th when it stopped working. i tried to play some presets and it wouldnt connect, so i did a 'system reset' of the widget and now all the channels are gone. its not an account problem as i can listen to streams on the sirius's website 'listen online' section okay. i need this widget back :( thanks

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
What version of the Sirius Tuner do you have? I have version 2.2.1 and it is currently working for me. ( Version 2.2.1 looks like a Sportster Replay, not the Stiletto)

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
If you have version 3.X.X, (should be vertical black, looks like a stiletto), then it may not work.
The guy who made these widgets (Tanner Jepsen) no longer has a website.

If you go to widgets.yahoo.com, version 2.1.5 is listed in the widget history tab at the bottom. Try this one to see if it will work. If not, maybe you can try to download another version of the black vertical one to see if it solves your problem.

One would think that these tuners should still work because I am using 2.2.1 and it works fine for me.:cool:

neoscrib

Apr 27, 2009
If you have version 3.X.X, (should be vertical black, looks like a stiletto), then it may not work.
The guy who made these widgets (Tanner Jepsen) no longer has a website.

If you go to widgets.yahoo.com, version 2.1.5 is listed in the widget history tab at the bottom. Try this one to see if it will work. If not, maybe you can try to download another version of the black vertical one to see if it solves your problem.

One would think that these tuners should still work because I am using 2.2.1 and it works fine for me.:cool:

I do still have a website, SiriusTuner SiriusTuner Widget...

Here is the problem I was having:

neoscrib said:
I was having a problem yesterday and the day before as well… it turned out during debugging I was getting an error that I had exceeded my max daily logins ins, but the Sirius Tuner doesn’t display this error message…. Try the following:

From the Home screen click Options and then select reset cached login… You will probably get an error message at this point to call Sirius. Go to Sirius.com and attempt to login to your account. In my case my account was overdue because I got a new debit card. Entering my new debit card information fixed the problem. Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Tanner

I've been told that this isn't the problem with some people... If you're still unable to listen to Sirius after this, try the following:

1. Ctrl+Shift Right-Click the Yahoo! Widgets icon (by the system clock)
  2. Enable "Debug Mode"
  3. Shut down the Sirius Tuner Widget
  4. Now restart the Sirius Tuner Widget (Note: Do NOT right-click the Widget and select reload as this will not bring up the debug window)
  5. A debug window will appear....
  6. If you do not have the Widget set to automatically play the last channel upon starting, go ahead and attemp to play a channel now
  7. If you are not able to play a channel, copy ALL the text in the debug window and paste it into an email to me (get my email address by right-clicking the Widget and selecting "About").

Best of Luck!
Tanner

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Sorry Tanner!

I haven't been able to access your old site for quite some time and I didnt know that you had a new one.

I downloaded a copy of version 3.0.1, tried debugging it, and no channels came up afterwards. I cannot copy the text from the debug box or I would show you what I can see.

I went back to version 2.2.1, and everything works. I just dont have the new sirius online channels like Pop2K, The Groove, etc....