SIRIUS Traffic Available on Model Year 2010 Mercedes-Benz Vehicles

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008
screencap-2009-12-04-at-11.09.18-AM.jpg

Mercedes-Benz USA and SIRIUS XM Radio today announced that SIRIUS Traffic is available on all Mercedes-Benz 2010 Model Year vehicles equipped with navigation and SIRIUS satellite radio.

SIRIUS Traffic is expected to be installed in 70% of the Mercedes-Benz Model Year 2010 lineup, and will be standard on the S-Class, CL-Class, CLS-Class and G-Class models.

SIRIUS Traffic comes pre-activated with a six-month trial subscription for Mercedes-Benz customers along with a six-month trial subscription of the “SIRIUS Everything” satellite radio package.

SIRIUS Traffic provides traffic speed and flow information to vehicles over SIRIUS’ nationwide satellite radio network. SIRIUS Traffic also provides information on traffic incidents, scheduled road closings and road construction. Since SIRIUS Traffic is integrated with the vehicle’s navigation system, the service assists drivers in picking the quickest, safest routes based on real-time traffic conditions.

“SIRIUS Traffic will benefit Mercedes-Benz drivers with traffic information to help them navigate through our country’s major roadways,” said Sascha Simon, Department Manager, Advanced Product Planning, MBUSA. “We are pleased to add this service to SIRIUS’ audio entertainment in Mercedes-Benz vehicles.”

“Mercedes-Benz is a renowned brand, famous for its exceptional performance and technology,” said Steve Cook, Group Vice President and General Manager, Automotive Division, SIRIUS XM Radio. “SIRIUS XM is thrilled to make the SIRIUS Traffic service available on new 2010 Mercedes-Benz vehicles.”

For information on SIRIUS XM Radio and SIRIUS Traffic, visit www.sirius.com/traffic.

---
View the original Article at Digital Radio Magazine or discuss it here.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I miss my SIRIUS Traffic/Travel link. I now have XM Nav Traffic and the features on SIRIUS Travel Link (bit more extensive than SIRIUS Traffic) were the best. This is good news. Hadn't heard much lately about these special services.