Sirius Stratus 6: Sirius XM unveils new A La Carte radio

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008
In addition to the XM onyX recently unveiled, Sirius XM Radio Inc. have also taken the wraps off the Sirius Stratus 6.

The new unit supports A La Carte channel selection packages and offers every programming package currently available on the Sirius network, including "The Best of XM."
The Stratus 6 is a value offering radio, so it won't have a color screen like other recent satellite radios we've seen lately. Instead it features a big blue backlit display as well as the ability to access up to 10 favorite channels, and the One-Touch Jump traffic and weather feature.

As with other receivers coming out this fall, the Stratus 6 comes with a complete PowerConnect vehicle kit plus its universal docking capability.

The Sirius Stratus 6 will be sold starting in the Fall 2009 at an MSRP of $69.99. Just like the XM onyX though, it still hasn't passed through FCC scrutiny, so that's all pending the Fed's approval.

Z3U_yEZbPNk

---
View the original Article at Orbitcast or discuss it here.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Fantastic.

Just what we need on the Sirius Side, ANOTHER Stratus that is NO different than the 5 previous ones.

AWESOME. Way to keep it real, guys. I can tell that a lot is being spent on R&D.

(I hope you caght the sarcasm.)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Fantastic.

Just what we need on the Sirius Side, ANOTHER Stratus that is NO different than the 5 previous ones.

AWESOME. Way to keep it real, guys. I can tell that a lot is being spent on R&D.

(I hope you caght the sarcasm.)

You were sarcastic? About what?

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I honestly don't understand the marketing strategy here. You can get this, which like Vargas pointed out - is just a rehash of the older versions or for $10 more get the XMonyX plug and play with the cool looking interface and customizable colors. The Sirius brand just seems to becoming the "value side" of the service when it comes to Tech.

You've got the powerconnect thing going on this radio, but that's it.