Sirius Starmate (ST2) audio out issues.

Ursan

Nov 8, 2012
This may be difficult to explain.

The audio jack has snapped off the board. :bigcry:

When I tried to solder it back on, 3 of the 4 points to solder to don't have anything I can solder to just little vacant fiberglass holes.

It is still working with the FM transmitter, but that doesn't work 100% of the time in my car as I travel.

My question is, since there are 2 boards in there, antenna and main board, can I replace the main board and still retain my subscription or is the subscription tied to the main board?

I'm pretty decent at soldering, but there's nothing to solder to and I can really ell where the tracings are and don't want to make it worse.

Any ideas anyone?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
DrDroo is about the only one I can think of at the moment that has gotten into this kind of repair. I'll PM him for you.

Good luck!

Ursan

Nov 8, 2012
DrDroo is about the only one I can think of at the moment that has gotten into this kind of repair. I'll PM him for you.

Good luck!

thanks so much.

It's sort of working. (in mono) and it's sort of solid. But I'm afraid of moving it from my car to the boom box.

Thanks again.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
It can be done. I had to do it once back in the early days, before just getting another radio seemed like to much work. Can you take a picture of the boards? I forget what it looks like in there. My old man helped me with the soldering, but I've had brain surgery since then and simply can't remember the process.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
Hi -

Sorry. I don't get here very often and I was out at TSS Radio in Chicago for part of last week. We do repair/replace the audio connectors. If you contact Sales(at)tss-radio.com I'll give you all the info you need to send it in.

Ursan

Nov 8, 2012
Hi -

Sorry. I don't get here very often and I was out at TSS Radio in Chicago for part of last week. We do repair/replace the audio connectors. If you contact Sales(at)tss-radio.com I'll give you all the info you need to send it in.

Email sent. Thanks.

Ursan

Nov 8, 2012
Hi -

Sent out my unit and it's been delivered on 12/19/2012. But no response yet.

What's the typical turn around?

Ursan

Nov 8, 2012
Still no response from Dr Droo or TSS Radio in Chicago.

Anyone have ideas?