Sirius Soloist sound system

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Hey all, just looking for some info from anyone who may know.

was looking at tss-radio and browsing the boomboxes/sound systems, and I keep coming back to the soloist. I have an Sl2 and Sportster 4. Is this thing any good? I haven't heard anything bad, but I was hoping someone from here might have first hand experience with it and can let me know of any quirks and pros and cons of it.

Thanks!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
It was released with mixed reviews. I've always like it, but it certainly has its limitations. The sound is very decent. The problem as most have reported is that to do timed recordings and such you have to actually program the Soloist to come on etc. Personally I always just left it powered on and set the schedule recording on the Stiletto and it worked just fine. It then becomes just a powered charging speaker dock. The little display on the front is pretty crappy, but you can adjust it.

It has various adapters that allow you to use it with several different radios. Including the SL10, 100 and SL2 which actually uses different adapters.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
The Soloist is good. We won't have too many more for too long, but we have some refurb ones. We don't have the Cradle for the Stiletto 2 anymore but it will still work just have to be a bit more careful since it's not as secure in the spot.

It's cool since it works with so many radios and even iPods. That's the big plus.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
You can easily modify the cradle for the SL100 to work though and it gives it okay support.

Yeah on the iPod Touch G2 and G3, or iPhone 3G or 3GS you will get a message saying the devices isn't compatible. It will charge it, but on the iPhone you will get GSM RF.

I highly recommend the Solist! Go for it, let Taylor fix you up!